FreshRealm: The Power of Fresh Thinking
As an innovative Food-Tech leader, FreshRealm provides a platform solution from end to end that enables our food industry partners to deliver fully-prepped meal kits, ready-to-eat meals and more — to doorsteps and store shelves.
FreshRealm is looking for leaders that want to deliver fresh thinking and support a healthier way of living for all. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the ability to work with some of the country’s largest retailers, drive change through thoughtful onboarding and sales process design and directly impact customer success and retention, FreshRealm may be the perfect place to call your career home.
The Development Technologist will carry out the transfer of all product information from the Culinary Development team to the Commercialization team. They will ensure accurate documentation of recipe builds, cooking instructions, packaging requirements. They will have Involvement in the artwork and specification process and work very closely with the Culinary team / Commercialization / Technical / Supply Chain and Finance teams. Manages and continually improves all process documentation.
1. Involved in sales brief translation for Culinary team to initiate development. Ensure correct handover information of new and reformulated products to the business.
2.Translation of test kitchen product make-up to scale up factory production and advising the Culinary team of factory capabilities.
3.Drives the transfer of all new products from the test kitchen to the factory. Influential in controlling cost, yield and providing operations and technical teams with the necessary support and information.
4. Involvement in new packaging design / testing.
5. Manages the change log process for the New Product Development team
6. Assists in the organization of all relevant samples for artwork, taste panels and nutrition.
7. Ensures all specification changes are managed internally.
8. Organizes travel testing for new packaging formulations and ensures effective communication of results.
9. Manages and continually improves all new product development documentation.
10. Carries out root cause analysis / resolving development issues or product improvements when required.
11.Provides full training to Tech and Operations on new products, i.e. visual, flavor, texture and aroma and any special attributes.
12. Supplies relevant product information when required for post launch review.
13. Works closely with Implementation team to ensure all relevant NPD timelines are met.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Requires a Bachelor degree and 2-4 years of experience in a chilled food manufacturing environment
Enthusiastic, flexible, resourceful, and self-motivated.
Proficient using excel, databases and report writing
Able to communicate at all levels both above and below, verbally and in writing
Must be flexible in terms of working hours
Demonstrated ability at being a team player.
Certified and trained in OSHA requirements or expectations, HACCP, and/or Food Hygiene
Experience working in a continuous improvement environment and demonstrated delivery through change.