FreshRealm: The Power of Fresh Thinking
FreshRealm enables forward-thinking food industry partners to meet changing consumer needs by delivering prepped perishables — including fully-prepped meal kits, ready-to-cook/heat meals and more — to doorsteps and store shelves.
In an industry that’s not optimized to deliver on the massive influx of consumer demand for prepped perishable food (pre-sliced onions, chopped garlic, cut pineapple, etc.), FreshRealm has identified and created the infrastructure and solutions needed for each part of the complex process of bringing fresh, convenient meals and foods to market including: quick-turn, just-in-time supply and fulfillment, strategic partnerships, cold chain management, and proprietary technology to integrate every aspect. The result is the ability to deliver programs to partners at national scale efficiently (in both time and expense) with the highest safety and quality standards.
FreshRealm is looking for leaders that want to deliver fresh thinking and support a healthier way of living for all. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the ability to work with some of the country’s largest retailers, drive change through thoughtful onboarding and sales process design and directly impact customer success and retention, FreshRealm may be the perfect place to call your career home.
Product Development Chef: Helping to create the foundation of culinary innovation. We are looking for an innovative, energetic chef who thrives in the kitchen, and in front of our customers. A chef who wants to be part of a team, building the next great culinary arena, and supporting our Director/Culinary in building a portfolio of delicious, fresh, ready-to-cook and ready-to-heat meals…and have fun doing it.
Summary: Under the direction of the Director/Culinary, the Product Development Chef will be responsible for recipe development, technical product production and showings, and preparation of meal samples in support of culinary sales efforts and partner relationships, including material sourcing and food preparation. In addition, this position works with the culinary team to maintain critical kitchen operations and coordinating functions within the kitchen facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Kitchen operations (sanitation, maintenance, & organization)
- Coordinate and execute technical cuttings
- Secure and maintain inventory of ingredients used in the development process
- Prepare meal samples in support of sales and partner relationships
- Recipe innovation - assist in the design and creation of recipes within product brief guidelines to excite and attract customer focus
- 5 years food service experience required (high level restaurant preferred)
- Previous positions with direct accountability for sanitation and inventory management
- Sound culinary skills
- Sanitation training and certification (Food Handlers’ Card minimally required)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Analytical and logical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible company representative
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline (preferred)
- 3 years retail recipe development highly desired
- Proficient in Google applications