FreshRealm: The Power of Fresh Thinking
As an innovative Food-Tech leader, FreshRealm provides a platform solution from end to end that enables our food industry partners to deliver fully-prepped meal kits, ready-to-eat meals and more — to doorsteps and store shelves.
FreshRealm is looking for leaders that want to deliver fresh thinking and support a healthier way of living for all. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the ability to work with some of the country’s largest retailers, drive change through thoughtful onboarding and sales process design and directly impact customer success and retention, FreshRealm may be the perfect place to call your career home.
The Assistant Plant Manager plans, builds and manages the food packer fulfillment center operations to consistently deliver on-time, accurate customer orders containing exceptional quality fresh food to our retail customers. The Assistant Plant Manager will bring food/perishable fulfillment center expertise and lean practices, combined with strong quality systems experience, to passionately engage a warehouse team to co-create a new era in fresh food delivery.
- Support the improvement of day-to-day operations in a rapid-growth environment, ensuring on-time delivery of accurate customer orders containing exceptional quality fresh food
- Work collaboratively with FreshRealm and a connected team of food makers and food carriers
- Support the operation by the right numbers, every day, all day. Use the numbers to assure the above and continuously identify areas for improvement
- Support management of daily exceptions, as they arise, with grace. Execute work-arounds, as necessary, to protect the customer experience while queueing-up continuous improvements to prevent recurrence. * Dynamically build scaling and expansion strategies for fulfillment operations — both within the warehouse and for new facilities — in collaboration with executive leadership
- Execute against a roadmap of initiatives that will iteratively and rapidly enable growth while ensuring consistency across the operation, including:
- Piece-pick methodologies and supporting technology
- Semi- and fully-automated equipment
- Define, grow and empower the Operations team to deliver excellence by setting high standards and collaborating with partners and employees
- Identify, negotiate agreements with and manage key operations vendors and partnerships to achieve expansion and deliver excellence targets
- Maintain exceptional customer experience standards across the operation
- Ensure alignment of operational capacity with demand forecasts
- Engage the entire team in the execution of continuous improvement events, co-developed with the Food Safety & Quality lead
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with business or engineering focus
- 5+ years experience in supporting operations management
- 1+ years successfully supporting operations through rapid growth and scaling, including the management of employees, partners and vendors.
- 2+ years in a direct-to-consumer fulfillment operation
- 2+ years with food preparation, storage, fulfillment and/or transportation
- Knowledge and experience supporting lean operations (mfg/fulfillment/distribution) and continuous improvement programs
- Background with modern quality management systems such as Lean, TQM, Six Sigma.
- Systemic thinker; value-stream and root-cause analysis-driven
- High performance management
- Demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate options, apply sound judgement and engage teams to deliver results
- Bias toward immediate action; iterate for improvements & optimization
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal, at all levels of management
- Passion for changing the food system demonstrated by an understanding of the current challenges and active participation in change
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheets (MS-Excel & Google Sheets), including pivot-tables/- charts, graphing, statistical analysis
- SAP background a plus