FreshRealm: The Power of Fresh Thinking
As an innovative Food-Tech leader, FreshRealm provides a platform solution from end to end that enables our food industry partners to deliver fully-prepped meal kits, ready-to-eat meals and more — to doorsteps and store shelves.
If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the ability to work with some of the country’s largest retailers, drive change through thoughtful on boarding and sales process design and directly impact customer success and retention, FreshRealm may be the perfect place to call your career home.
Replenishment Buyer Function
The Replenishment Buyer will be an integral part of the FreshRealm purchasing department, assisting in all buying activities and procedures. This person will work in conjunction with the HQ Supply Team and Plant Managers to procure all raw materials and packaging and ensure that the right products in the right quantities are available at the right time through acute attention to detail and strong follow up and communication skills. The buyer will work in with the inventory and receiving team within the plant to assure productivity and accuracy. The Buyer will also measure usage, waste and consumption rates to place orders and keep the facility in stock while maintaining appropriate safety stocks and efficient quantities on hand
The role is 30% placing orders; 50% follow up and resolving issues with vendors relating to service and quality dealing with incoming supply both past and future deliveries, and 20% monitoring inventory transactions to assure all inventory processes are being followed.
- Accept handover from Sourcing Team to plan timely deliveries for samples and launch materials
- Responsible for Review Forecast Loaded into SAP and confirm reasonability on the basis of knowledge of expected changes and/or business development.
- Responsible to process, analyze, and interpret MRP reports to plan comprehensive purchasing strategy for the facility.
- Using MRP, plan purchases in coordination with delists to minimize waste
- Utilize MRP to minimize additional fees and freight costs
- Responsible for accurate and timely PO creation and submission to meet quantity, quality, and delivery date as well as follow up with vendors on purchase orders confirmation
- Responsible to identify and incorporate freight and additional costs where applicable to Purchase Order creation.
- Coordinate with other facilities to combine orders of like items to meet vendor minimums and maximize vendors’ production efficiency
- Contact vendors directly to resolve issues with product quality, deliveries, on-going supplies, and future logistics.
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships to facilitate problem resolution.
- Setup and obtain approval for any FedEx shipments and maintain the FedEx Log.
- Work closely with the Inventory Team, Supply Chain Team & Plant Managers on reorders and to help maintain adequate stock levels
- Perform ad-hoc requests and analyses as needed and assist cross functionally to solve problems as they occur
- Cost reporting and invoice validation when requested
- Analyze the source of Daily Waste to determine the root cause and advise on processes alterations to prevent reoccurance.
- Ensure that new launches are successful through the timely purchase and logistical delivery coordination of new materials and ingredients.
- Minimize emergency between site material transfer to avoid additional transport costs.
- Manage and train Assistant Buyer to execute required functions and develop as a backup to the Buyer.
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Business, computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, numerical analysis, or a related field.
- 2-4 years experience in sourcing, purchasing and/or inventory control
- ERP experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis background
- Experience in Food Procurement