Operations Intern (Order Team): Learn how to run the supply-chain logistics for a million-dollar company
Fresh Prints is a NYC-based custom apparel startup. We find incredible students and give them the working capital, training, and support to build the business at their schools.
The Order Team handles the most crucial part of the business and is directly responsible for delivering the end product to our customers. We worked on 20,000+ orders last year with a direct impact of over $28 million in revenue.
How do you coordinate the logistics of a million-dollar campaign involving multiple overseas and domestic vendors? How can we reduce our costs and increase our profit margins for a given order? How can you deliver an order in 5 days which has a standard turnaround time of 10 days?
As an intern with the Order Team, you’ll be working on a set of unique orders every day and each of those orders will pose a unique logistical challenge that’ll you’ll have to work through. You’ll be directly responsible for all the orders you’re handling and you’ll have a lot of autonomy and decision-making power.
This is a full-time paid internship position, with the possibility of full-time employment after completion of the internship which will last for 2 months (June ’23 – August ’23). You will report to our Operations Manager and work closely with other members of the Fresh Prints team. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to gain hands-on experience in one of USA’s 5000 fastest growing companies.
- Processing orders assigned to you in a timely manner
- Navigating through logistical challenges posed by each order and finding an optimal solution
- Coordinating order timelines with Campus Managers/Clients/Vendors/Decorators via email and phone and ensuring that everyone is on the same page
- Working on projects/campaigns as and when required
- Final year student or recently completed a Bachelor’s degree
- Someone possessing strong analytical and organizational skills
- Someone who is attentive to the smallest of details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/G Suite, specifically Excel/Google Sheets and Word/Google Docs
- Comfortable to work as per EST timings (8AM - 5PM, NY Time)
- Ability to work on complex tasks under tight timelines
- Able to make decisions without direct supervision
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
Who You Are
- Goal Driven: You’re set on your goals and respect the timelines your goals are bound by.
- Proactive: You believe it’s always on you to make sure anything you do is a success. In love with challenges. You revel in solving problems and want a job that pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- Calm under pressure. You have a sense of urgency but channel it into productively working through any issues.
- Open to change. You’re inspired by the endless ways in which everything we do can always be improved.
Compensation & Benefits
- Monthly Stipend of $200
- The opportunity to learn a lot rapidly
- You’ll receive a work-experience certificate at the end of the internship.
- Working in a great culture. We’re a talented, engaged, and ambitious team dedicated to building a business together. We work very hard but we’re also very good to each other. The entire Fresh Prints team is kind, open, informal, and caring. We earnestly support each other in our personal and professional goals.
Fresh Prints is an equal employment opportunity employer and promotes diversity; actively encouraging people of all backgrounds, ages, LGBTQ+, and those with disabilities to apply.