As Executive Business Partner, you're at the heart of the Product Development team's business operations and activities and the soul that keeps everyone moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your executives, managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest technologies and tools. You use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
You will support the VPs of Engineering and Product in administrative matters. Our team includes Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and people with a diverse range of skill sets. Keeping team operations running smoothly is crucial to the success of the FreshBooks mission: helping small service-based businesses.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for making leaders and organizations better - through relationships, collaboration, and keeping things running with great process. This position requires someone who is organized; has excellent communication skills; shows initiative, and drive; and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction. To be successful, you will anticipate and remove administrative roadblocks; make timely decisions; have strong planning and organizational skills; and experience working with financials and budgeting. You will build effective working relationships across boundaries and accommodate work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to Product Development executives with a team of 100+ (eg. calendar, meeting coordination and note-taking, event planning and coordination, travel arrangements, asset/headcount/space tracking, new hire and org chart updates).
- Be the eyes and ears for the executives — anticipate needs before they occur, understand the team’s objectives and help navigate complex situations as they arise.
- Assist Product Development leaders as they prepare business presentations and briefings for internal and external groups.
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies.
- Manage a variety of small projects.
- Build and manage the operational calendar for Product Development including planning and logistics for team offsites and events.
- Interact with community leaders and external clients and vendors within the local and international tech community including planning industry conferences and talks.
Things you must have:
- Experience in providing executive level administrative support. General administrative experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Experience in using cloud technology (like Google Docs) and the internet to improve work efficiency, with the ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, setting priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and professionally at all levels, be extremely resourceful and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Solid problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, high focus on quality across all aspects of duties, and be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
It would be nice if you also had:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of direct executive support experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices, with the ability to apply them when solving operational issues.
- Experience with calendar management, high-volume travel scheduling, and booking and budgeting of events.
- Effective organizational skills, with demonstrated attention to detail and a proven ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to act with executive presence and diplomacy to make appropriate decisions on behalf of the team.
- Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion.
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. In this role you will be working at the forefront of marketing analytics surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for building an amazing software company right here in downtown Toronto. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d like to meet you.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.