Freshbooks is seeking a Senior Product Analytics Manager who will enable our Product team to measure the impact of what we ship, and derive actionable insight so that we can deliver even better product in the future. If you’re passionate about using data to help deliver world-class products for our customers -- this job is for you.
What you’ll do:
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Managers (PMs) throughout the Product Lifecycle – from inception, to design, shipping, and beyond.
- Define the Product Analytics discipline at FreshBooks, and develop repeatable processes and reusable artifacts.
- Spend time with customers to develop empathy for the challenges & needs of small businesses; use this insight to inform quant analysis and help answer “why”
- Work with PMs to formulate the right questions so the data we collect is meaningful & actionable
- Be ruthless about prioritizing the most important questions so we don’t get stuck in analysis paralysis
- Design experiments (e.g. A/B tests), instrumentation & reporting plans
- Consult with Data Engineers to ensure raw data will be captured in the right format for analysis
- Add instrumentation to our apps to track engagement as needed
- Build-out baseline analytics reporting across our existing products & features to help answer common/general questions
- Define & build complex SQL queries & reports for new products & features
- Analyze data into useable information and actionable insights for PMs
- Make recommendations based on the insights you uncover – things like new features, product enhancements, UX changes, etc.
- Work with Product Managers to communicate the impact of what we ship & what we’ve learned to stakeholders around the company
What you have:
- A passion for great products and user-experiences -- you have at least 10 favorite products.
- An analytical and inquisitive mind – you leave no stone unturned because you’re curious what’s underneath.
- A knack for communicating complex concepts in simple terms. You could explain SQL to a golden retriever, no sweat.
- You are scrappy and always figure out a way to get the job done.
- Hard Skills & Experience
- 2+ years in B2B or B2C software/tech industry
- 3+ years in data analytics and/or business intelligence (working with Product teams a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Python or similar
- Experience using a dash boarding tool such as Periscope, Looker, Tableau, Excel (macros, VBA) etc.
- Experience calculating and tracking product metrics (e.g. M/DAU, usage breadth/depth, engagement funnels, etc.)
- Experience calculating and tracking key SaaS financial metrics a plus (e.g. Conversion, Churn, ARPU, etc.)
- Experience Data Science (e.g. Machine Learning, Predictive Analysis) a plus
- Experience with Lean methodologies a plus
- Hats You Wear
- You’re not a Product Manager but you’re not afraid to act like one – interviewing customers, running surveys, proposing new features/enhancements.
- You’re not a Developer, but you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and write code (e.g. building ETLs from external and internal data sources, scraping and transforming data from different sources)
Why Join Us?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. In this role you will be working at the forefront of marketing analytics surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for building an amazing software company right here in downtown Toronto. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d like to meet you.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.