FreshBooks is growing and looking for a seasoned Agility Advisor to join the Agility Team in helping to transform people, process and culture at FreshBooks. You’ll be focused on making people awesome and comfortable with change so that we are able to adapt quickly and improve our products and services to meet ever evolving technology changes and customer needs. In a nutshell, you’ll help us achieve organizational agility through training, coaching and encouraging a culture of experimentation and learning. To you: continuous improvements means applying systems thinking so that we’re optimizing the whole organization.
The mission of this position at FreshBooks is to build an effective and productive organization with actively engaged and committed people. We build positive team environments so that everyone collaborates to deliver customer value, and we do this by applying the appropriate methodologies such as Agile, Lean or whatever frameworks suits the situation.
What you'll do:
- Help us figure out how we create and lead awesome teams and make our workplace amazing.
- Guide us on improving our processes like balancing technical needs with business needs, or building products that our customers love.
- Coach product development teams on becoming high performing teams by using modern Agile principles. Encourage our teams to define the method most appropriate for them.
- Promote a learning culture so that processes are continuously refined and that we’re pivoting when necessary.
- Apply Lean principles to identify efficiencies and improvements across the business and help to solution alternative ways of working effectively.
- Leverage prior experience and adapt quickly in understanding and assisting with organizational change strategies:
- Clearly identify and articulate a narrative for change for leadership and stakeholders
- Support in championing change throughout organization by influencing at all levels of business
- Facilitate working sessions to define problem statements and their solutions with teams, leaders or stakeholders
What you have:
- 8+ years experience as an Agile Coach with organizational change experience
- Proven experience applying a variety of Agile delivery practices and change management frameworks (i.e. Scrum, Lean Software Development, Kanban, XP or ADKAR)
- A technical background or deep understanding of software development is a must
- Knowledge and experience of XP techniques would be considered an asset
- Effective at influencing, motivating and inspiring individuals or groups at all levels
- Superb communication skills: you’re active listener, you speaking with clarity and precision, and can facilitate with ease
- Understanding the dynamics of people, the importance of empathy and building relationships
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks: but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.