FreshBooks is growing and looking for a seasoned Agile Coach to join the Agility Team to help transform people, processes and culture at FreshBooks. You’ll be focused on helping adapt changes involving our products and services, evolving technology and our customer needs. In short, you’ll support organizational agility through training, coaching and encouraging a culture of innovation and learning. To you: continuous improvement means applying systems thinking so that we’re an optimized organization.
The mission at FreshBooks is to be an effective and productive organization with actively engaged and committed people. We’ve created a positive team environment where everyone collaborates to deliver customer value by applying the appropriate methodologies such as Agile or Lean frameworks.
What you'll do:
- Implement creative techniques to help achieve organizational agility
- Provide guidance on improving processes such as: balancing technical needs with business needs or continuing to build products our customers appreciate
- Coach product development teams to drive high performance using modern Agile Principles
- Promote a learning culture so that processes are continuously refined and ensure pivots are made when necessary
- Apply Lean principles to identify efficiencies and improvement processes across the business
- Leverage prior experience and adapt quickly to understand and assist with organizational change strategies:
- Clearly identify and articulate a narrative for change to both leadership and stakeholders
- Support in championing change throughout organization by influencing all levels of business
- Facilitate working sessions to define problem statements and propose solutions to teams, leaders or stakeholders
What you have:
- 8+ years’ experience as an Agile Coach with organizational change experience
- Proven experience applying a variety of Agile delivery practices and change management frameworks (i.e. Scrum, Lean Software Development, Kanban, XP or ADKAR)
- A technical background or deep understanding of software development is a must
- Knowledge and experience of XP techniques would be considered an asset
- Effective at influencing, motivating and inspiring individuals or groups at all levels
- Superb communication skills: active listener, speaking with clarity and precision, and facilitate with ease
- Understanding the dynamics of people, the importance of empathy and building relationships
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org.