FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Marketing Communications Manager
We are looking for an experienced marketer to manage the delivery of world-class creative campaigns, customer communications and technical solutions that will convert trial customers into paying customers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about enabling the a team of Creatives and external agencies to creatively solve business problems while still ensuring campaigns are delivered on time & on budget.
This role is ideal for someone who is supremely organized, detail oriented and finds joy in the creation and launch of customer facing solutions that help achieve business objectives. Success in this role will require the ability to distill high level (sometimes ambiguous) problems into tangible action items, experience in managing projects, solid understanding of best practices for direct and digital marketing, and the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Specifically, this position includes:
- Planning & prioritizing creative/technical projects that rely on development/design work for success
- Developing briefing and scoping documents for specified projects that capture requirements and translate them into actionable insights.
- Planning and managing day-to-day project execution – from briefing through to development, delivery & then measurement.
- Participating in the creative development of campaigns & creative assets – helping teams to ensure solutions stay on brief.
- Contributing to solution ideation & asset delivery at every stage – ensuring direction continues to address business & stakeholder needs.
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders & communicating project priority based on impact.
- Monitoring schedules and advising project teams of delays, changes or feedback
- Acting as stakeholder contact on management of projects and correspondence
- Managing campaign estimates/budgets from preparation to approval when required.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re all about the customer - you have an undying passion to communicate with, learn about and serve FreshBooks customers around the world. You know what an extraordinary customer experience looks like, and do everything in your power to consistently deliver awesome
- Data is your guiding light – You can synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to help answer “why?” – you then share your insights with the broader team so everyone learns & can leverage key insights in their solution design.
- You’re a strategic doer – you set insanely ambitious goals for yourself, and then build a rock-solid plan to help you get there.
- Communication comes naturally – You’re an expert communicator and the biggest advocate for the features you launch. You’ll make sure the entire company hears about the latest news twice…and you’ll do it in a unique, memorable way.
- You love working with and motivating teams –– Instead of “this is how it is”, you ask “what do you think of this approach?”. You’re open to opinions outside of your own and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to help clear roadblocks
- You’re ambitious and innovative - you don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done” - you push for better, newer and innovative and efficient ways to do things
What you'll need:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing is preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing and/or coordinating projects for creative and technical teams (either as part of an internal studio/services team or for an agency).
- A driven, energetic and goal-oriented attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- A logical, work-oriented, and analytical approach to managing projects
- Understanding of the rules/processes but know when to show initiative
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, project status & results to project teams and stakeholders.
- The capacity to predict potential issues and unpack problems into manageable milestones
- Enjoyment in managing projects & helping teams deliver their best work that resonates with our target segments.
- Passion for coming up with creative solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal team members and company-wide stakeholders.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.