FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Full Stack Developer - Marketing Team
This is a unique opportunity join our marketing growth team from an engineering perspective, working with digital marketers and data scientists to drive growth at FreshBooks. You’ll learn hands-on about how customers are using FreshBooks, collecting and helping to analyze the data we use to improve our product and acquire even more happy users. Along with a strong technical background, you have a passion for data, marketing, and exploratory research.
What we hope you have:
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile teams
- Experience with Python, Ruby/Rails, and PHP
- Experience with modern CSS and HTML
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational databases: basic query syntax, optimizations etc
- Experience writing and working with REST APIs
- Experience with unit testing and code coverage
- Experience using github, reviewing PRs, and merging branches
- Ability to work with Business Intelligence Tools such as SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Some experience or understanding of online marketing and online customer acquisition including Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager or interest in working with APIs, specifically Google (Analytics, Big Query, Search, Adwords), Facebook Ads, Bing (Ads, Search), and SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Appreciation and understanding of Big Data problems around volume, variety and velocity of data from a technical standpoint
- Ability to analyze data meaningfully to make informed business intelligence recommendations for the company
- Ability to work in an open environment and collaborate with teams across entire company and with other companies we may be working with who will likely be off-site
You may also have:
- Docker, Ansible, Puppet, and experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS and similar development technologies
- RabbitMQ and Celery experience
- Continuous integration and automated build pipeline experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.