FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Manager, Talent Acquisition
FreshBooks is growing and needs your help to grow even faster! We're looking for a Manager, Talent Acquisition to join our HR team and add to FreshBooks' reputation as the go-to destination for the world's most talented individuals, building a high-volume pipeline that brings this talent to our offices in Toronto.
The Manager, Talent Acquisition is a key driver of FreshBooks’ employment brand including candidate experience, internal and external employment related events, and recruitment innovation. You will work with passionate and accomplished leaders throughout the organization to design and deliver a warm and welcoming experience for all our candidates and act as an ambassador for FreshBooks. You will partner with the HR team to identify potential areas of risk in the business from a people perspective and mitigate them with a program of proactive sourcing and relationship building with external talent. As Manager, Talent Acquisition you will lead a team of two Recruiters in addition to bringing your expertise and ability to bring top talent to FreshBooks. This role is both strategic and hands on!
What you’ll do
- Source, recruit, and hire individuals that match the specifications of the roles and who bring high intelligence, great character, and the ability to grow with us over time.
- Partner with leadership and key stakeholders on creating and maintaining hiring forecasts and headcount budgets as well as departmental budgets for all Recruiting related costs
- Act as an advisor to key stakeholders on current market drivers and potential impacts to recruitment and retention
- Ensure that the Talent Acquisition function is continuously improving and innovating through testing new programs, tools, etc.
- Partner with Executive team, PR and other members of the organization on employment branding opportunities and initiatives.
- Develop, manage, guide and coach a team of two+ Recruiters because that will be a huge need, depending on upcoming resourcing decisions
- Provide an environment that encourages team work and continuous development of recruiting, consulting and leadership skills
What you have
- 10+ years of experience, expertise and passion for on-the-ground talent attraction
- 4+ years experience of leadership experience guiding, motivating and developing recruiting teams
- Bachelors degree preferred
- SPHR or SHRM-SPC certifications a plus
- Drive for excellence
- Agility and ‘can do’ attitude
- Expertise in full-cycle recruiting, process creation and improvement, and strategic talent acquisition plan development required
- Experience recruiting for high-growth technology companies at all levels and departments
- Demonstrated experience with talent market insights and data to influence decisions and improve talent acquisition
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (such as Greenhouse) to leverage useful data
- Proven ability to build lasting relationships with hiring managers, stakeholders and candidates
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.