FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Senior Manager, Base Marketing Communications
We are looking for an experienced and results oriented Senior Marketing Manager to lead our communication initiatives and drive engagement within our FreshBooks customer base. The ideal candidate will have; extensive knowledge of executing a customer based communication strategy with a mandate to oversee a synchronized lifecycle communications vision while measuring customer behaviors to optimize performance.
This role is ideal for someone who views experiences holistically through a customer-centric lens, is results driven, and digitally savvy. They should also enjoy balancing multiple projects and have the ability to manage a team to deliver a flawlessly orchestrated communication plan or synchronize multiple plans within a single lifecycle vision.
Specifically, this position includes:
- Leading a team (Creative and Omni-channel deployment) to develop and execute communication plans that support the broader business strategy defined by the director and other stakeholders.
- Deliver campaigns that support Churn Management, ARPU Growth, Online Payment adoption, and overall Engagement.
- Own the communication customer experience for all our customers and act as the central point of contact for campaign execution to the base across the organization.
- Establish and maintain a cadence and governance framework around communicating to our existing base and work with various stakeholders to enforce framework.
- Oversee a briefing process to streamline, and prioritize communication strategies.
- Recommend communication approaches, messaging, asset mix, and channels to help maximize effectiveness. Measure ROI and recommend optimization paths accordingly.
- Work with the CRM partner to effectively maintain, execute, and optimize campaigns while keeping a pulse on the overall customer lifecycle.
- Strategic development of customer communication initiatives intended to strengthen the relationship with FreshBooks customers (i.e. the e-mail newsletter program).
- Work closely with various cross functional teams to understand consumer segmentations / behavior & identify consumer insights to leverage in lifecycle communications.
- Support broader GTM plans through the delivery of a communication plan for new product features to existing customers.
- Support and weigh in on the development of ongoing portfolio and customer segmentation strategies that influence the KPIs.
- Develop and motivate a team of two. Creative Designer and E-mail Manager.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re all about the customer - you have an undying passion to communicate with, learn about and serve FreshBooks customers around the world. You know what an extraordinary customer experience looks like, and do everything in your power to consistently deliver awesome
- Driving results is in your DNA – Everything you do is about meeting an end result and doing everything in your control to make sure you get there as a team.
- You’re a strategic doer – you set insanely ambitious goals for yourself, and then build a rock-solid strategy and tactical plan to help you get there
- Communication comes naturally – You’re an expert communicator and the biggest advocate for the features you launch. You’ll make sure the entire company hears about the latest news twice…and you’ll do it in a unique, memorable way.
- You love working with teams –– Instead of “this is how it is”, you ask “what do you think of this approach?”. You’re open to opinions outside of your own and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to help clear roadblocks
- You’re ambitious and innovative - you don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done” - you push for better, newer, more innovative and efficient ways to do things
What you'll need:
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in a marketing communications role either at an agency or within the finance, telecom, or technology industries.
- A solid track-record of successfully partnering with cross-functional teams to meet goals
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and juggle multiple projects without skipping a beat.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help shape how we build a world-class software start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!