FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an amazing online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Website Copywriter
You’re a proven expert at creating website copy that converts. Your approach is patient, iterative, ego-free and data-driven.
You may have done brand writing, content marketing and all manner of campaigns in your past. But your focused expertise is website writing that’s informed by best practices in SEO and CRO. You measure your success not by the beauty of your prose but by the results you drive.
You can readily show examples of website copy you’ve produced, split-tested, optimized for SEO and measured.
In this position, you will:
- Work directly with the Acquisition team to convert website visitors to trial
- Produce straightforward but persuasive copy that improves conversion on freshbooks.com, written in the FreshBooks voice
- Participate in project / web page ideation, serving internal stakeholder needs while upholding copy quality
- Stay current on web copy CRO and SEO trends and lead with expertise in these areas
- Understand everything FreshBooks and persuasively communicate our offerings to website visitors / prospects
- Work collaboratively with other content and copy leaders to ensure consistency and quality
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- 5+ years of experience developing compelling copy, CTAs and Direct Response Campaigns; 3+ years working on website copy, including split testing and user testing
- Expertise in conversion rate optimization best practices, with examples to prove it
- Strong working knowledge of SEO tools like Moz, Keyword Planner, Google Webmaster Tools
- Worked closely with UX designers and be current on web design trends and best practices
- Know how to write with technical precision (SEO, CRO) but also stay within brand voice
- Solid working knowledge of marketing and advertising principles with focused experience in writing for the web
- A strong ability to comprehend and communicate business and accounting concepts simply
- A proven track record of working on cross-functional teams
- Experience writing for a B2B audience with SAAS website experience is considered an asset
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!