The Opportunity – Website Development Team Lead
The Website Development Team Lead is responsible for the discovery, definition and delivery of website functionality that maximizes business results, improves customer experience, and supports internal stakeholder goals. You’ll act as the technical engineering lead for the marketing team to execute development projects, performance optimization and infrastructure, and maintenance for the website. Along with a strong technical background, you’ll have experience managing development teams to ensure projects are properly scoped, prioritized, assigned and delivered on time.
What you’ll do:
- Lead website development and infrastructure projects, including security, site updates, bug fixes, accessibility, risk management and site performance
- Manage estimation and scoping of web projects, working with Marketing Planner to assign development lead(s) for implementation
- Manage development team consisting of developers and QA analysts, providing technical support to deliver web projects utilizing various project management tools (JIRA, Trello, Wiki, etc.)
- Nurture strong, collaborative relationships with stakeholders across the company to ensure the website is supporting business needs and driving business results
- Work closely with SEO Manager to ensure site is optimized for current SEO trends, and ensuring SEO implications for projects impacting the website SEO are properly scoped
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience leading software development teams and/or website operations
- Strong understanding and experience using contemporary CMS platforms and familiarity with MVC frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related technology fields
- Self-starter with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency in coding, code reviews, and technical communication
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with people at all levels within the organization
What you might have:
- Experience with build platforms (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with Python, Bash
- Understanding RabbitMQ
- Understanding of web analytics (Google Analytics), A/B testing, website performance KPIs
- Experience migrating CMS systems or experience implementing enterprise CMS solutions
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.