FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Senior Technical Recruiter
FreshBooks is growing and needs your help to grow even faster! We're looking for a Senior Technical Recruitment professional to join our HR team and add to FreshBooks' reputation as the go-to destination for the world's most talented individuals, building a high-volume pipeline that brings this talent to our offices in Toronto.
You will work with passionate and accomplished leaders throughout the organization to design and deliver a warm and welcoming experience for all our candidates and act as an ambassador for the FreshBooks brand. You will know that this role is tailor-made for you if you are a great assessor of talent as well as a great marketer. And if you delight in solving the challenge of finding just the right individuals to not only perfectly match the specifications for the roles we're hiring for, but who bring high intelligence, great character, and the ability to grow with us over time. And if you are customer-service obsessed, understanding that hiring managers and candidates are the most important people we serve.
Here are some of the things we'll be looking for you to tackle, alongside our existing recruitment team:
- Partner with senior FreshBooks leaders to develop a strategic hiring plan that includes:
- Implementing creative sourcing techniques and outreach programs to attract top talent;
- Enhancing FreshBooks" employer brand through our culture, career site and social presence;
- Identifying key hiring targets to measure success;
- Source, recruit and hire candidates to meet or exceed our hiring targets and hiring metrics.
- Execute on outreach programs identified in strategic plan.
- Consult and educate hiring managers on recruitment best practices and our recruitment process. Initiate and guide the entire hiring process from sourcing to offer acceptance.
- Drive and ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the process and partner with FreshBooks leadership to identify ways to enhance candidate experience.
- Forge effective and mutually respectful partnerships with hiring managers, members of the recruitment/HR team, and external partners.
In preparing for this important next milestone in your career, you bring 5+ years of both agency and corporate experience and have recently held a senior recruiting role at a tech driven start up company ready to take over the world! You will have previous experience sourcing, recruiting and hiring industry leaders in all facets of product and software development (in an Agile environment) and the roles that support it, such as marketing, sales, and operational roles up to and including Director level positions. You know enough about each to engage authentically with candidates and hiring managers and to know tech talent when you see it.
You will also understand and are experienced with Greenhouse or other ATS, LinkedIn Recruiter, "outside the box" sourcing techniques and offer negotiations. You are strategic, team-oriented, empathetic, unorthodox, and driven to innovate. You understand the importance of building lasting relationships with hiring managers and partnering with key stakeholders to continuously improve our hiring process. You are driven by data, and are a team player who collaborates to optimize success.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.