The Opportunity – Senior UX Designer
Want to work on a product that improves the lives of other designers? Join one of our Product Development teams as a Senior User Experience Designer, defining experiences our customers will use to run their small businesses better. You'll work with world-class team members on teams that ship real software to customers every week. You will learn, embrace, and extend the user experience design principles and patterns that make our product a joy to use. As a member of one of our agile teams, you'll tackle aggressive sprint schedules (married with design thinking) to deliver outstanding experiences, but you'll also have dedicated time for high level explorations and cross disciplinary collaboration with other designers and peers across all of FreshBooks.
Our UX/UI designers work as full-stack designers, meaning that you'll handle everything on a project from initial research through to prototyping, testing, and the design of a final, shippable UI.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Share your expertise with designers, product owners, and others through coaching and modelling best practices
- Seek to deeply understand the problems you're solving for our customers, and explore multiple high-level approaches to solving them.
- Create consistent, high quality user interface mockups/walk-throughs for review with peers and design leads.
- Design prototypes and perform usability testing on design work completed by your team and others.
- Report on usability test results to your team and design leads.
- Take an iterative approach to design based on user feedback and peer review.
- Critique your peers' experiences to help them improve their craft.
- Contribute to our Design Standards, UX Guidelines, and UX Patterns.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- At least five years of experience as a UX Designer
- Experience working on a world-class product or online service, on both mobile and web platforms
- An online portfolio that showcases how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
- A true focus on the customer—you make your design decisions based on data, testing, and other validated feedback.
- A passion for the “why” of Design, as well as the “what”.
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your expertise with others.