Site Reliability Engineer
What you’ll do
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be responsible for the way that we run our leading SaaS accounting application. SRE’s are unique individuals that have refined skills in development, system administration, collaboration, and customer service. As a service owner of core services and platform lifecycle you will be working to maintain and improve highly available, secure, flexible, and robust services that the organization rely on to deliver the highest quality software to our customers.
What you have:
- You’ve done this before – you’ve had at least three years of open source platform experience including responsibility for maintenance, availability, and service delivery.
- Experience with continuous delivery, configuration management, infrastructure-as-code.
- Programming skills in (ba)sh and in at least one other relevant language (eg. Python, Ruby).
- A deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems.
- The ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all the other parts of the business.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Familiarity with some of the software we use: Apache, Cacti, CentOS, Git and GitHub, HAProxy, JIRA, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Munin, MySQL, Nagios, Node.js, Puppet, Python, RabbitMQ, Redis, Ruby, nginx.
- Experience working in a SaaS company.
- Experience/Interest working within service ownership programs.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, fully paid benefits from day 1 and closed between Christmas and New Years
- RRSP matching program, and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.