System Administrator (Linux)
What you’ll do
As a System Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the availability, scalability and performance of our leading SaaS accounting application. You will collaborate with your teammates and our development teams to improve our deployment, provisioning, and production infrastructure and processes to deliver the highest-quality software to our customers, and help us attain Level 1 PCI compliance without sacrificing agility. You’ll also join our on-call rotation, and help out with the IT services the team maintains for internal use.
What you have:
- You’ve done this before – you’ve had at least three years of Linux system administration including responsibility for site performance and availability.
- Experience with continuous delivery, configuration management, infrastructure-as-code.
- Programming skills in (ba)sh and in at least one other relevant language (eg. Python, Ruby).
- A deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems.
- The ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all the other parts of the business.
- Familiarity with some of the software we use: CentOS, Puppet, Git and GitHub, nginx, Apache, HAProxy, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Python, Ruby, Node.js, Nagios, Munin, Cacti, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Experience working in a SaaS company.
- Experience with AWS or a similar cloud provider.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, fully paid benefits from day 1 and closed between Christmas and New Years
- RRSP matching program, and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.