System Administrator (Linux)
As a System Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the availability, scalability and performance of our leading SaaS accounting application. You will collaborate with your teammates and our development teams to improve our deployment, provisioning, and production infrastructure and processes to deliver the highest-quality software to our customers, and help us attain Level 1 PCI compliance without sacrificing agility. You’ll also join our on-call rotation, and help out with the IT services the team maintains for internal use.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- You’ve done this before – you’ve had at least three years of Linux system administration including responsibility for site performance and availability.
- Experience with continuous delivery, configuration management, infrastructure-as-code.
- Programming skills in (ba)sh and in at least one other relevant language (eg. Python, Ruby).
- A deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems.
- The ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all the other parts of the business.
- Familiarity with some of the software we use: CentOS, Puppet, Git and GitHub, nginx, Apache, HAProxy, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Python, Ruby, Node.js, Nagios, Munin, Cacti, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Experience working in a SaaS company.
- Experience with AWS or a similar cloud provider.
Interested? Click apply to submit your resume and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you soon!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.