FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Site Reliability Engineer
What you’ll do
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you’ll be joining a team of mix background technologies. Our mandate is to provide flexible and stable platform solutions that empower our feature development teams to create the highest quality services for our customers. Day to day, you'll spend time creating and maintaining a “golden path” of FreshBooks’ core services. This includes data services, the continuous integration pipeline, infrastructure, access control and capacity management.
What you believe
- A team can produce more than any individual
- To write code is to own it
- Progress over perfect
- Empowering your peers to self serve is more important than being sought after as a “go to” person
- It’s ok to fail … as long as you learn from it
- Success should be shared and failure should be owned
What you have
You have done this before (even if you didn't call yourself an SRE). You have had years of experience in one of the following careers: DevOps, Continuous Delivery or Development with experience maintaining your code in Production or System Orchestration
- Familiarity with some of the technologies we use: Ansible, Apache, AWS, Capybara, MySQL, CentOS, Ember.js, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Python etc
- Experience writing & maintaining infrastructure-as-code
- Programming skills - you solve problems with code
- Experience running code in production on public cloud resources
- A deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems
- The ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all the other parts of the business
- Experience & interest working within a Service Ownership model
What we offer
- Competitive salaries, fully paid benefits from day 1 and closed between Christmas and New Years
- RRSP matching program, and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Innovation days - ask what we've built with them so far
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.