FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Director of Customer Experience Marketing
FreshBooks has an ambitious goal of delivering extraordinary experiences every day to its customers. The Director of Customer Experience Marketing is a newly created position that will be critical in defining the vision, planning and strategy to deliver those experiences in a way that delivers value to the customer, while simultaneously increasing their value for FreshBooks. The Customer Experience Marketing Team is responsible for:
- Engaging and retaining our existing customer base
- Growing the value of existing customer relationships with targeted upsell and cross-sell activities
Success in this role will require an analytical approach and the ability to evaluate data and trends to spot untapped opportunities. The successful candidate will exhibit a passion for innovation and understand the importance of customer empathy, with an expertise in designing and selling-through best-in-class marketing and communications strategies for strengthening customer relationships.
Working closely with members of the Customer Support, Product Development, Product Marketing and Marketing Services teams to deliver lifecycle marketing plans that increase customer lifetime value, reduce churn and build loyalty.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Develop the overall strategy and framework for customer lifecycle marketing programs.
- Inform ongoing lifecycle marketing strategy with customer journey mapping, funnel analysis and analytics and market
- Collaborate with analytics team to setup KPIs, reporting structure and dashboards.
- Ensure that key metrics are identified, tracked and analyzed for all programs to understand trends, gain insights and inform forecasting, optimization and strategy.
Customer Engagement and Retention
- Engage and nurture new customers with targeted and relevant communications designed to drive product usage and engagement
- Identify churn drivers and situations in the customer journey where customers disengage, then develop strategies to pre-emptively identify, win back and retain those customers.
- Forecast churn and provide regular guidance on performance against forecast
Grow Customer LTV
- Develop and enhance upsell and cross-sell marketing programs across multiple channels and touch-points
- Develop customer segmentation and audience targeting strategies. Use segmentation and behavioral data to personalize and optimize each customer’s experience.
- Use data-driven analysis and consumer insights to develop hypotheses and execute robust A/B testing plans to continuously improve performance
- Define strategies to drive customer adoption and revenue growth to support the introduction of new add-on products and services
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you:
- Have a post-secondary education focusing on business or marketing; MBA preferred
- Have a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in marketing with the last several years in a senior leadership position
- Are a true leader – one who inspires and enables their team to do their best work
- Have a proven track record of success leading a high performance teams
- Are resulted oriented and committed to achieving success
- Have a deep understanding of customer life cycle planning and optimizing the funnel process
- Are a strategic thinker who can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and have the proven ability to influence cross-functional teams