We’re looking for a Scrum Master Manager to join our enthusiastic group and help lead one of our Tribes (what we call each of our mission-aligned groups of teams).
The mission of Scrum Masters at FreshBooks is to transform groups of individuals into cohesive teams and be the catalyst towards high-performance. We build positive team environments so that team members can thrive and collaborate with one another. We employ Scrum so that teams can plan and coordinate effectively. We facilitate the process of effective discussions, so Team members can focus on the quality of the content, and we drive follow-through on actions.
Our team of Scrum Masters love working at FreshBooks because we're an all-agile company with buy-in and support at all levels. You won't have to advocate for Agile - you'll go straight into building a high performing team doing the best work of their lives.
As a Scrum Master Manager at FreshBooks, you will have additional responsibilities. You will collaborate with other Managers to evolve the Scrum Master team so that it continues to have a large impact in the Product Development Organization. You also will directly mentor and coach Scrum Masters who report directly to you.
As a Scrum Master Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Developing your own agile team into a high performing team
- Ensuring that Agile Scrum processes are followed when appropriate, and changed when necessary
- Working with Team Leads, Product Managers, and Development Managers to help curate your team's work
- Driving operational planning for an entire Tribe (one of our mission-aligned groups of teams)
- Supporting the teams in the Tribe to help ensure high quality project planning and progress visibility
- Collaborating with other Product Development leaders to find, implement, and measure solutions to difficult problems that impact multiple teams
- Managing other Scrum Masters to support them in becoming strong leaders and elevating their skills
- Ensuring Scrum Master team effectiveness, happiness, and growth
- Interviewing and assessing potential new Scrum Masters
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- 5+ years experience working in Agile engineering teams, as a Scrum Master, Product Manager, or Team Lead
- A deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and team building
- A genuine passion for Agile
- A technical background in or understanding of web and/or mobile software development
- Experience mentoring / coaching teams facing tough challenges
- Proven leadership in an engineering organization
- Management experience
Interested? Click apply to submit your resume and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you soon!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.