We’re looking for an experienced Agile Project Manager to drive the execution of Engineering Projects from within our Operations team.
The Agile Project Manager may play a number of different roles in practice:
- At a company-wide level, leading and managing complex technical projects spanning multiple teams.
- At a team level, playing a leadership role to help put in place the appropriate process & tools, as well as coaching team members to optimize project execution.
- At a project level, using good judgment and skill to adjust project management approach and processes to the project at hand.
As an Agile Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with fellow technical project leads as a trusted adviser.
- Developing detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Establishing resource requirements and forecasts for work.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders across the company, to assemble and manage the project team.
- Managing changes to the project scope and project schedule using appropriate techniques.
- Identifying, documenting, & escalating issues and risks to management as needed.
- Managing communications within the project team, as well as with stakeholders and executives external to the project team.
- Ensuring that projects goals are met within the designated project constraints.
- Facilitating daily stand-ups, planning sessions, and retrospectives for the project team.
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- 3+ years experience as a Project Manager.
- 1+ years experience working with Agile engineering teams.
- Experience working on large scale technical projects.
- Sufficient technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to technical teams, and to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project issues and risks.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Proven ability to facilitate project meetings and follow-ups.
- Ownership, high quality, and success in projects.
- Self-motivation and drive; ability to execute with minimal daily supervision.
The following skills are not required, but strongly preferred:
- Understanding of cloud based hosting, such as AWS.
- Knowledge of managing continuous delivery pipelines.
- Experience working with a startup or SaaS company.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.