FreshBooks is seeking a Team Lead/Full Stack Developer to join our team. You will head up a newly created team/function within the organization which is responsible for building out a internal billing system for FreshBooks. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
What you’ll do:
- You'll work on an Agile team as an ally to your product manager and scrum master.
- As a leader amongst 4 or 5 coding peers, you will ensure a shared focus on delivering customer value, quality code, and technical innovation.
- Along with your senior-level coding duties, you'll regularly work with other team leads, architects, product managers, and development managers to help curate what your team works on next, and how it fits into the overall FreshBooks technical vision.
- You'll also perform basic managerial duties, like ensuring team happiness and growth, helping existing team members achieve goals and helping us interview and assess potential new teammates.
- Collaborate with full-stack and mobile developers on cross-functional agile teams working on features for our customers
- Work closely with UX designers and Product owners to ensure the best web experience for our customers
- Contribute to a large codebase that contains a multitude of customer features
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions
- Ship your code with our continuous integration process
- Provide coaching to junior developers and share and learn from your peers
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in web full stack development
What you have:
- Enthusiasm in web development!
- Experience writing and working with REST APIs
- Experience with Python or Ruby/Rails (or even PHP)
- Experience with mySQL or other relational database
- Experience writing code with unit tests for great code coverage
- Experience working with large codebases and writing robust and testable code
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated build pipelines
- Experience using github, reviewing code, reviewing PRs, and merging branches
- Ability to balance desire to ship code quickly to our customers with responsibility of making good technical decisions
What you might have:
- Experience with client side performance optimization
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile environment
- Experience with Redis and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Flask, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Experience with Puppet and Ansible
- Experience with Docker and AWS for continuous integration
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.