Development Team Lead
What you’ll do:
- You'll work on an Agile team as an ally to your product manager and scrum master.
- As a leader amongst 4 or 5 coding peers, you will ensure a shared focus on delivering customer value, quality code, and technical innovation.
- Along with your senior-level coding duties, you'll regularly work with other team leads, architects, product managers, and development managers to help curate what your team works on next, and how it fits into the overall FreshBooks technical vision.
- You'll also perform basic managerial duties, like ensuring team happiness and growth, helping existing team members achieve goals and helping us interview and assess potential new teammates.
What you have:
- Experience writing stable, large-scale, performant user-focused software
- Experience in web development and RESTful APIs
- Full stack software experience preferably in Python, Ember.js, HTML, CSS, and Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Relational databases and SQL experience (we use mostly mysql with some Redis and Elasticsearch)
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS, Puppet, and Jenkins CI
- Familiarity with Git, Capybara, and RabbitMQ
- A focus on automated testing in support of continuous integration
- Experience adding or improving monitoring metrics and alerting
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, fully paid benefits from day 1 and closed between Christmas and New Years
- RRSP matching program, and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.