- Want to work at a high tech, proudly Canadian company that already has traction and is ready to take over the world?
- Want to work with kind and brilliant people who take pride in their work, without the ego?
- Want to work at a company where your code will get into production every week and impact the lives of millions of happy users all over the world?
- Want to work in that fun, smart, relaxed start-up atmosphere that"s irresistible to the most interesting doers in Toronto?
Yes? Read on.
FreshBooks is seeking an awesome Development Team Lead who has experience building web applications and building a high performing team to do an even better job of it. We build a product that helps our users earn their living and we're proud of that. If you're committed to great work and great teamwork, and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we're dying to meet you.
It would be great if you have:
- Experience writing stable, large-scale, performant user-focused software
- Experience in web development and RESTful APIs
- Full stack software experience preferably in Python, Ember.js, HTML, CSS, and Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Relational databases and SQL experience (we use mostly mysql with some Redis and Elasticsearch)
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS, Puppet, and Jenkins CI
- Familiarity with Git, Capybara, and RabbitMQ
- A focus on automated testing in support of continuous integration
- Experience adding or improving monitoring metrics and alerting
What will you do?
- You'll work on an Agile team as an ally to your product manager and scrum master.
- As a leader amongst 4 or 5 coding peers, you will ensure a shared focus on delivering customer value, quality code, and technical innovation.
- Along with your senior-level coding duties, you'll regularly work with other team leads, architects, product managers, and development managers to help curate what your team works on next, and how it fits into the overall FreshBooks technical vision.
- You'll also perform basic managerial duties, like ensuring team happiness and growth, helping existing team members achieve goals and helping us interview and assess potential new teammates.
You could be an existing team lead, or a senior developer looking to take it to the next level!
We are versatile...
We believe in using the best tool for the job (while maintaining a slight bias toward the tools the team knows the best). While we value experience with the tools above, we know that smart developers are great learners, too. Experience with our technologies is not required, but excitement for them is!
We work in an open environment; no cubicles or offices. We closely follow Agile Scrum and rely on collaboration for success. Regular hackoffs are a part of our culture. Developers join forces with coworkers across the company to pitch and prototype projects that improve our product, our culture, or are just plain fun. We ship... Shipping is at the forefront of our engineering practice. We rely on continuous integration and use automated testing to ensure our product is always shippable.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect their balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company.
Interested? Let's get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.