FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Director of Acquisition
The Director of Acquisition leads Freshbooks overall customer growth strategy, planning and execution. As an expert in performance marketing and acquisition funnel optimization, a strong candidate for this role knows how to build and scale complex marketing campaigns, and has the analytical expertise to optimize performance and drive ROI. We are looking for someone who is exceptionally quantitative and more than capable of personally handling complex performance analyses.
If you’re selected for this role, working closely with the VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining FreshBooks’ multi-channel customer acquisition strategy while ensuring your programs are brand aligned. You will be directly responsible for meeting acquisition and revenue targets within budget, with a focus on testing and scaling new marketing campaigns as quickly as possible.
Specifically this position includes:
- Managing and optimizing online customer acquisition channels including, SEO, SEM, PPC, mobile, display, social, and affiliates
- Leading and managing a high performance team of marketers who are all specialists in their areas of focus
- Setting and tracking KPIs to continuously analyze and optimize campaign effectiveness
- Identifying and researching new customer acquisition opportunities
- Leading website conversion rate optimization activities
- Responsibility for the strategic planning of FreshBooks’ substantial global annual paid marketing budget
- P/L responsibility for results across all FreshBooks paid marketing channels (online and offline advertising)
- Accountability for results from FreshBooks’ annual marketing budget
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you:
- Have proven excellence as a Growth Marketing Leader responsible for managing customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Have prior experience in SaaS/financial/.com/ecommerce/recurring revenue subscription services
- Are an analytical & data-driven decision-maker
- Have demonstrated success in driving acquisition both online and offline and can run attributions analysis in your sleep
- Are an expert at operationalizing the data and processes your team needs to succeed
- Are a true leader – one who inspires, coaches and enables their team (both direct reports and across functional teams) to do their best work
- Have extensive experience with web analytics tools and using data to inform your opinions and, ultimately, your strategy
- Can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and have the proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Have owned and managed a large marketing budget
- Have a post-secondary education with a marketing and/or finance focus; MBA preferred
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!