FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Director of Acquisition
The Director of Acquisition leads Freshbooks overall customer growth strategy, planning and execution. As an expert in performance marketing and acquisition funnel optimization, a strong candidate for this role knows how to build and scale complex marketing campaigns, and has the analytical expertise to optimize performance and drive ROI. We are looking for someone who is exceptionally quantitative and more than capable of personally handling complex performance analyses.
If you’re selected for this role, working closely with the VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining FreshBooks’ multi-channel customer acquisition strategy while ensuring your programs are brand aligned. You will be directly responsible for meeting acquisition and revenue targets within budget, with a focus on testing and scaling new marketing campaigns as quickly as possible.
What you'll do:
- Managing and optimizing online customer acquisition channels including, SEO, SEM, PPC, mobile, display, social, and affiliates
- Leading and managing a high performance team of marketers who are all specialists in their areas of focus
- Setting and tracking KPIs to continuously analyze and optimize campaign effectiveness
- Identifying and researching new customer acquisition opportunities
- Leading website conversion rate optimization activities
- Responsibility for the strategic planning of FreshBooks’ substantial global annual paid marketing budget
- P/L responsibility for results across all FreshBooks paid marketing channels (online and offline advertising)
- Accountability for results from FreshBooks’ annual marketing budget
What you have:
- Proven excellence as a Growth Marketing Leader responsible for managing customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Prior experience in SaaS/financial/.com/ecommerce/recurring revenue subscription services
- Are an analytical & data-driven decision-maker
- Have demonstrated success in driving acquisition both online and offline and can run attributions analysis in your sleep
- Are an expert at operationalizing the data and processes your team needs to succeed
- Are a true leader – one who inspires, coaches and enables their team (both direct reports and across functional teams) to do their best work
- Have extensive experience with web analytics tools and using data to inform your opinions and, ultimately, your strategy
- Can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and have the proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Have owned and managed a large marketing budget
- Have a post-secondary education with a marketing and/or finance focus; MBA preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.