FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Site Reliability Engineer
The Infrastructure team at FreshBooks is looking for talented and experienced engineers to help us build and support our cloud-native infrastructure. Join our growing organization and you will get a chance to be in the driving seat of innovation and change at FreshBooks.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be joining a team of technologists with a mix of specializations and skills. Our mandate is to provide secure, flexible and stable platform solutions that empower our feature development teams to create the highest quality services for our customers.
What You'll Do as a Site Reliability Engineer
- Develop, deploy, and operate cloud-native infrastructure in support of FreshBooks’ SaaS platform
- Bring a mindset of standards and best practices to help create observability solutions that the team team wants to adopt
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Drive a culture of automation, both within the team and throughout the organization, to scale FreshBooks efficiently and reliably
- Participate in technical discussions to aid system design, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Help engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release scalable, resilient and highly available cloud-native applications
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 2+ years of experience with implementation, operations, and maintenance of cloud services
- An understanding of importance of a strong feedback loop with other teams and individuals across the organization
- Exposure to cloud-native approaches to security concerns
- Hands-on experience with containers or container orchestration technologies such as: Kubernetes, Docker, Podman, Nomad
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, Pulumi
- Some experience working with one or more monitoring and observability tools such as: DataDog, Prometheus, Grafana, Honeycomb, Sensu, Zabbix
- Have assisted in identifying the root causes of production incidents, and worked with incident teams to restore service(s)
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Experience in building systems in a microservice environment, understanding the basic building blocks of resilient and scalable software
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with web applications developed in Python or Ruby
- Knowledge or experience in any of: web/network protocols, security, data persistence, and CI/CD pipelines
- An understanding of modern software development practices: TDD/BDD, hexagonal design, etc.
- An understanding of Linux primitives: process scheduling, signals, namespaces, authentication/authorization, etc.
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Compensation and Wellness Benefits. Including Pension Plan matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, annual healthy living credit, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Germany, Croatia, and Netherlands, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone (+1) 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.