FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Senior PR Manager
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and ambitious Senior PR Manager to help spread the word about FreshBooks. You’ll drive the strategy and execution of significant PR programs and initiatives globally. Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will lead communications plans and be hands-on, working day-to-day to tell FreshBooks’ story, spotlight our product and spokespeople, and earn positive, top-tier and trade coverage.
What You'll Do as a Senior PR Manager
- Top-notch communication skills - both written and verbal. You know how to write a “cold” pitch that sells.
- Demonstrated experience securing positive coverage with top-tier media across North America, and a deep understanding of how reporters/journalists and newsrooms work.
- Experience with product/technology PR and demonstrated experience working with C-Suite leaders to produce winning ideas: op-eds, presentations, statements to media, social media posts, etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you want to “own” something, and you’re excited by the idea of trying new or unconventional approaches to PR. You are results, not “billable hours” focused.
- High self-awareness - you’re able to identify blockers and ask for help or resources to ensure your projects reach their full potential.
- Resiliency - you love a good challenge, and if things don’t go to plan, you roll up your sleeves and figure out a Plan B.
- Experience collaborating with external team mates (freelancers and agencies) and partnering with internal team mates on small and large Go To Market initiatives.
- Strong project management skills - you can juggle multiple balls at once, and you never miss a deadline.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 6-7 years of relevant experience, agency and/or in-house
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, e.g. Communications, Journalism, Marketing
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- A sense of humour
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Bonus: International PR experience (UK, Europe, Australia/New Zealand)
- You are a kind and empathetic leader who contributes to creating the kind of space for a team where creativity thrives.
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.