FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
Governance, Risk and Compliance Analyst
The role is part of a newly built team which focuses on various areas including Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC). The purpose of this position is to audit what we’ve done, analyze what we’re doing, and advise the organization on best practices to maintain a compliant posture. Responsibilities require leadership and project management experience, good communication skills, having knowledge about information security and business resilience as well as expertise around compliance audits, third party due diligence, risk assessment; awareness and education; and development of policies, standards and guidelines.
What You'll Do as a/an Governance, Risk and Compliance Analyst
- Coordinate with teams like information security, IT, HR etc. to ensure compliance of the policies and procedures to the relevant certifications and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluating internal operational and procedural compliance.
- Execute strategy for dealing with increasing audits, compliance checks, customer due diligence requests and external assessment processes for internal/external auditors, PCI DSS, FCAC, SOC2, etc.
- Work closely with the legal department on compliance monitoring at an enterprise level.
- Researching industry compliance regulations and policies relevant to the organization.
- Assist in responding to partner and customer due diligence requests.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 3 - 5 years of information security experience and expertise including information security risk management process, business continuity and compliance management practices.
- Experience in audit management activities
- Knowledge about third party risk management
- Experience with any GRC Tool Management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, including formal report writing experience
- Understanding of common security standards, legal requirements and regulations related to a SaaS organization (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, PCI DSS, ISO2700x, ISO22301 etc.)
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Information security related training or certifications such as CRISC or CISA or CISM
- Skills in documenting risk and compliance activities
- Experience performing information security and IT audits or risk assessments
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱 Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.