FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
FreshBooks Product Security Team is looking for a Privacy Lead to support the growth of our Privacy Program. They are knowledgeable about all things privacy and passionate about growing the program to support a global SaaS platform. At Freshbooks, you will ensure systems and processes are developed and actioned in alignment with FreshBooks’ regulatory environment and best practices. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the company as a champion of the Privacy Program.
What you’ll do as a Privacy Lead:
- Help build and maintain the Privacy program, establish policies and processes to meet the business’ growing needs. Collaborate with support, product, and marketing teams to operationalize privacy program.
- Champion privacy across the business. Advise team members on privacy best practices and assist in maintaining a culture of privacy at FreshBooks
- Monitor for new privacy regulations and support the business in maintaining compliance with regulations such as the GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA etc.
- Oversee the Cookie Management practice, collaborate with Marketing Operations to maintain appropriate controls.
- Perform DPIA’s (Data Protection Impact Assessment) and manage the company’s privacy risks by conducting assessments, documenting risks, and advising on treatment plans.
- Assist Support with privacy related requests from end users.
- Assess third parties for privacy risks. Ensure DPA’s and Data Transfer Agreements are maintained with relevant third parties, participate in contract reviews on an as needed basis
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 3+ years of experience in Privacy or a related field
- Passion for privacy and data security in a software technology environment
- Have a demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment with changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are detail oriented and highly organized (experience in project management is considered an asset).
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In:
- CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM, CDPSE, DCPP, or similar certifications.
- Experience with OneTrust or other privacy management tools
- Experience working with SaaS companies in a privacy capacity
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.