FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is growing and looking for an experienced Senior Agile Project Manager to support and manage the execution of business related projects. You’ll be working with senior management and stakeholders to help define scope, backlogs and produce release and project plans that support our business growth goals. This role sits within the Business Enablement Team, who is responsible for helping to source, prioritize, plan and deliver on our department and tools/technology roadmap. You'll be managing cross department projects for our Technology, Data and Marketing teams.
What you'll do:
- Work with our stakeholders to translate business objectives into project plans that achieve the outcomes they seek.
- Collaborate with business and team leads to define project objectives.
- Help to define scope and translate this into a prioritized backlog.
- Work with project teams to define releases.
- Lead multiple projects, schedule and facilitate critical team rituals (e.g. planning, stand ups, refinement, demos to retrospectives).
- Work with the project team to manage change requests through the backlog.
- Plan, schedule and manage high level timelines and key milestones.
- Effective, timely and clear communication of project expectations and status to project team and stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on key business risks and make recommendations with managers for mitigation to reduce risk.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, and disclosure presentations as required.
- Liaising with project stakeholders, vendors (when applicable) and building any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Work with members of the Business Enablement team to develop and continually improve how we meet the needs of our departments.
What you have:
- Minimum of 8+ years experience delivering a variety of projects in the technology, data and marketing space using Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding of Agile delivery practices and demonstrable experience deploying it in the wild, e.g. ceremonies, release planning, estimation, predictability.
- Experience managing projects in Jira and Confluence.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and control multiple projects, providing regular updates in verbal or written forms.
- Ability to apply analytical methods to develop or assess business requirements and translate them into project objectives and a prioritized backlog.
- Solid facilitation skills and proven experience managing external vendors.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical and technical people.
- Exceptional influencing and presentation skills in all aspects of project delivery.
- Analytical and problem-solving capability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
The following would be considered advantageous in an applicant:
- Project experience utilizing technologies such as Salesforce, Google Cloud Platform or a Customer Data Platform.
- Relevant Professional qualifications e.g. PMP or Prince 2.
- Experience with process change management or process improvement.
- Prior knowledge or experience of RFI procurement processes.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.