FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Sales Manager, Business Development
As a Sales leader, you will manage a high-performing team of Sales Business Development representatives who master the lead qualification and opportunity qualification process. The SBDR Team is responsible for booking meetings and sourcing early-stage sales opportunities and being instrumental in maintaining strategic partnerships with Marketing and Sales leadership. As a Sales Manager you will also develop content relevant to potential clients, support go-to-market activities, promote targeted campaigns and cultivate qualified opportunities that will funnel into FreshBooks Acquisition’s sales team.
What You'll Do as a Sales Manager
- Motivate and lead individuals and teams to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
- Manage the interview process to attract, hire and build a strong SBDR team
- Develop SBDRs into strong, highly capable team members for further development within the organization
- Develop and coach to a best-practices framework of persona-based prospecting with personalized pitches
- Lead weekly call reviews with BDR team, both in team and 1:1 setting
- Refine SBDR standards, process & metrics
- Build and document scalable systems and processes to grow SBDR team
- Ensure disciplined use of Salesforce and other sales tools
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 2+ years experience managing a team within a SBDR organization
- Experience with SMB net new prospecting using the phone, social, and email
- Process-oriented in lead and opportunity management
- Ability to create a sense of urgency & identify needs/pain with prospects
- Ability to present value-based messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Familiarity with CRM (SFDC) system for managing leads
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognizes and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organization and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.