FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Sales Business Development Representative
You will be a key member of the Acquisition Sales team and will work closely with the Associate Director of Sales to ensure the growth and development of our key platform. You are a great relationship builder and problem solver with a hunter mentality. You will be the voice of FreshBooks as we execute and explore new channels of acquiring business.
What You'll Do as a Sales Business Development Representative
- Initiate contact with new potential customers through outbound prospecting/cold calls, and by responding to inquiries that are generated from our website
- Identify needs of the customer and qualify their interest
- Deliver qualified opportunities to the Sales Account Executives
- Set up meetings and demos
- Stay organized with our current Sales Cloud and other programs specific to the role
- Achieve the Daily/Weekly goals that are set out for the role
What You'll Bring to the Role
- You have experience dealing with potential and current customers
- You have a background in support, sales, or marketing communications and want to be coached to become a Sales Superstar
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with potential customers and staff
- Outbound efforts do not intimidate you since it is the bulk of your day to day priorities
- You have a way about you that gets people to want to buy FreshBooks on the spot!
- You are organized and a self-starter. You are proactive, outgoing and have no fear of developing contacts
- You are a metric-driven individual with a high-reaching side. You want to grow your career in sales and are motivated by success
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognizes and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organization and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.