It turns out … unicorns are real! FreshBooks reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. But why are we so excited? Because every success at FreshBooks allows us to build better, stronger accounting software and products, worthy of the trust of small Business Owners everywhere. We’ve expanded beyond our Canadian roots, and now have entities across seven countries and counting, serving Business Owners in more than 120 countries around the world.
As a leader, you are responsible for leading a high-performing team of individuals who master the lead qualification and opportunity qualification process. The SBDR Team will book meetings and source early-stage sales opportunities and be instrumental in maintaining strategic partnerships with Marketing and Sales leadership. You will also develop content relevant to potential clients, support go-to-market activities, promote targeted campaigns and cultivate qualified opportunities that will funnel into FreshBooks Acquisition’s sales team.
What you’ll do
- Lead, encourage, and train a team of SBDRs whose role consists of prospecting, booking meetings and opportunity identification and qualification
- Manage the interview process to attract, hire and build a strong SBDR team
- Develop SBDRs into strong, highly capable team members for further development within the organization
- Develop and coach to a best-practices framework of persona-based prospecting with personalized pitches
- Hold each SBDR accountable to defined metrics and KPI’s
- Lead weekly call reviews with BDR team, both in team and 1:1 setting
- Own SBDR “Qualified Opportunity” number
- Measure and continually find ways to improve process and performance
- Refine SBDR standards, process & metrics
- Build and document scalable systems and processes to grow SBDR team
- Motivate individuals and teams to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
- Regularly report on team/individual results
- Partner with Marketing for lead conversion/event/campaign promotion and follow-up
- Partner with Acquisition Sales Leader and Team to fine-tune our lead generation and follow-up processes
- Ensure disciplined use of Salesforce and other sales tools
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years experience managing a team within a SBDR organization
- Experience with SMB net new prospecting using the phone, social, and email
- Process-oriented in lead and opportunity management
- Ability to create a sense of urgency & identify needs/pain with prospects
- Ability to present value-based messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with CRM (SFDC) system for managing leads
- Ability to meet deadlines and commitments
What You’ll Love About Working Here:
- Three-week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand, product, and most importantly, our customers. It’s an awesome opportunity to dive in and understand what we’re all about and build your network within the company. Plus, there are prizes! The first 3 weeks when you join the Sales team after onboarding are dedicated to full time training.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.(Twice a year Growth sessions!)
- Collaborative remote or hybrid model with a global team
- An emphasis on work-life balance:
- Industry-leading Parental Leave Benefits which includes a Paid Leave and Top-Up.
- 15 days PTO per year
- Additional paid Celebration days, Innovation Days, Volunteering Days, Bereavement days
- 14 Paid Holidays and Company wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year among others.
- And finally, we have fun at work...Want to start a chess club? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? YES! I'll grab a spoon. Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day
- Free Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Employee Stock Options for all full-time employees
- Free Employee Assistance Program with access to in house and virtual counseling sessions, $1000/year credit to use with counseling partners, Free Mental Health resources plus Calm meditation app
- Monthly Home office Reimbursement Credit
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement grant
- Headset Reimbursement
- 10 paid sick days per year
- Employee referral program
- RRSP plan match after 6 months
Why Join Us:
We are an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one.
If you found yourself getting more excited as you read this posting, please consider applying. Even if your experience doesn't meet everything bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think that FreshBooks is the next step in your career. Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.