Director of Product Management, Accounting
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Director of Product Management
As a Product Leader you will to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs. You are equal parts product leader, team builder, and growth strategist - leading the way to innovation that elevates our customers’ businesses, expands our addressable market, and grows FreshBooks in a THINK BIG way. If you're passionate about tackling big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences, and ready to back it up with results for our business — come join us now!
*Please note that this position is remote and prefers candidates to speak English and Spanish fluently.
What You'll Do as a Director of Product Management
- Be a visible leader throughout the organization, collaborate with executives and cross-functional leaders to ensure that understanding of the business is shared
- Lead ongoing business and portfolio planning; be the thought-leader when it comes to accounting platform and workflow management (owner workflows, team management, accountant channel)
- Organize and manage a team of product managers to execute that plan; by extension, provide product direction for dozens of team members (engineers, designers, marketers, etc.)
- Be responsible for your results and report out to partners and execs on impact your products and projects are making
- Advocate for our customers and the products, spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses
- Ensure strategy/plan is clearly mapped to our mission - to reshape the world to suit the needs of small businesses
- Recruit, interview, hire, and develop talented team members, inspire your team and help them sharpen their Product Management skill
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 10+ years experience in product management and a track record of growing the business through a combination of product innovation, extension, and market expansion, with an emphasis on: Accounting, Tax, Accountant and Team member workflows
- You understand SaaS business models, support strategies from acquisition to late lifecycle engagement and can embrace setting multi-year vision/roadmap and business plans to guide strategy and planning for large teams
- You are well versed in insight disciplines and when/how to activate them to inform strategy (behavioral analytics, market, and ethnographic research)
- You know your way around a budget, financial statements and are equally versed in assessing competitive landscape, customer segmentation, product-market fit, product-channel fit, and go-to-market approaches
- You have a track record of raising the talent bar in your organization - recruiting, hiring, and developing leaders; growing and nurturing high-performing teams, you're an excellent communicator and a passionate leader with a keen ability to create structure from ambiguity
- You understand software development, how the tech stack impacts your product
- You understand what comprises a world-class user experience and how to bring together technology and design thinking to establishing and enabling customer system design
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Experience in building SaaS products for small business owners, accountants and their teams
- Experience as a small business owner and/or managing products designed for them
- Experience bringing to market exceptional experiences in international markets
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.