FreshBooks Has a Big Vision
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
Join us as a Product Designer where you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact with small business owners all over the globe. You will collaborate closely with our world-class product teams, shipping valuable features to our customers and will own every stage of the design process from generative research and concepts through to prototyping and usability testing.
Specifically in this position you will:
Seek to deeply understand the problems you're solving for our customers, and explore multiple high-level approaches to solving them
- Work closely with developers, product managers and design peers to create a world-class, cross-platform experience
Clearly communicate design decisions and rationales to peers and stakeholders
- Oversee design work within your line of business, and provide coaching and mentorship where necessary
Design prototypes and perform usability testing on design work completed by your team
Apply user-centred design approaches to iterate on designs
Critique your peers' experiences to help them improve their craft
Help shape our design standards and patterns across all our platforms
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
At least 5 years of experience as a UX or Product Designer
A true focus on the customer—you make your design decisions based on research, including interviews, usability testing and quantitative data
A passion for the “why” of design, as well as the “what”
An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
- A sharp eye for UI design, animation and micro-interactions
What You’ll Love About Working Here:
- Three-week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand, product, and most importantly, our customers. It’s an awesome opportunity to dive in and understand what we’re all about and build your network within the company. Plus, there are prizes!
- Our ever-expanding, global team cares about making accounting incredibly easy for business owners around the world.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.
- Collaborative remote or hybrid model with a global team
- A work/life balance you can brag to your friends about:
- Two weeks parental paid leave and paid leave top-up
- Health & dental coverage tailored to your local office
- Generous time off - including vacation, volunteer, and innovation days
- Health and Wellness credits
- Learning and development opportunities that are both in-house and external
- Retirement savings programs matched to your local office
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- And finally, we have fun at work...Want to start a chess team? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day.
Why Join Us:
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
Please apply with your resume, as well as an online portfolio that demonstrates how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.