FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Support Specialist
Here at FreshBooks our award-winning Support Team is crucial to our success as a company. We have developed a team (90+) with lots of growth potential for those whose passion it is to dig deep into issues and exceed the expectations of our customers. We are a team of people who will go above and beyond to deliver the best possible customer experience every time.
We offer phone Support from Monday - Friday and email Support Monday - Sunday with several shifts available. We have our Headquarters in Toronto, a European team based in Amsterdam and Croatia, and a dispersed team located remotely across Canada and the USA.
Customer Support Specialists with a passion to dig deep into issues and exceed the expectations of customers progress quickly through our company. Over the years, we’ve had Support members move into every department at FreshBooks (Product Development, Human Resources & Data Analytics to name a few!)
We are currently hiring for a weekly schedule of Monday-Friday 9:00AM-6:00PM in Central European time zone (CET). This position can be worked remotely from home or at our Croatia office (when it’s safe to reopen). You must be located in Croatia.
What our Support Specialists do:
- Go to great lengths when answering phone calls and email tickets to help customers find solutions to whatever problem they face (or could face in the future). Some of our most common customer inquiries are: how to get started with FreshBooks, troubleshooting & set-up of online payments and billing-related issues.
- Execute Extraordinary Experiences Every day! They leave every customer feeling valued and taken care of – we’ve got their back.
Who our Support Specialists are:
- Problem Solvers: you use your expert troubleshooting skills to get to the bottom of issues. You are resourceful, curious and are okay living in the grey zone while you work to solve problems.
- Fantastic Communicators: you are able to craft messages that are accurate, clear and concise. We don’t follow scripts here so you will lean on your expert communication skills to connect with customers and deliver extraordinary experiences. Phones are a big part of this role so you should enjoy communication on the phone.
- Empathetic: you care about other humans and are able to put yourself into the shoes of the owners who use FreshBooks, which drives you to take big steps towards finding a solution for each one of our users.
- Enduring & Resilient: every day, you will energetically engage with ~25 customers, each with their own needs and feelings – and you can do it all with a smile!
- Always Striving for More: you are truly passionate about finding ways to improve our users’ experiences, and you work hard to maintain and grow your knowledge of our product in order to always deliver.
- Internet Savvy: you know the interwebs and its many applications. Don’t worry – we will train you on the nitty gritty.
- Love for Learning: You don’t need to be an Accountant, we will train you on what you need to know, but you do need to enjoy learning new things and be ok with diving into the unknown.
- Minimum Qualifications: No fancy list of pre-qualifications needed. We care more about personality, passion and drive to learn & grow!
For remote positions it is expected that you have the below internet specifications (at a minimum) in order to support the systems required for your role:
- Stable Internet service provider (ISP)
- Internet speed: Minimum download speed of 12 MB and upload speed of 10 MB
If this sounds like you, here’s how to apply:
- We’d love to hear you tell us, in the text box below, why we should hire you?!?
- We’d also like for you to answer the 4 questions listed below. Put yourself in the shoes of our Support Specialists when addressing these customer queries and assume they have all come in via email.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.