The Opportunity - Senior Manager, Product Design (UX)
Join FreshBooks as a Senior Manager in our Product Design organisation, where you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact with small business owners all over the globe. In this position, you will collaborate closely with our world-class product teams, helping ship valuable features to our customers. You will support every stage of the design process from generative research and concepts through to prototyping and usability testing.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Identify and clarify problems and opportunities with our product. Initiate and work with others to generate frameworks that help teams create extraordinary experience outcomes for their design projects (e.g. and customer journeys, flows, maps, storyboards, etc)
- Work with insight and key stakeholders to create a holistic-future forward vision for our products that informs strategy and decision making on a 12-18 month time horizon
- Identify and lead others across disciplines, teams and timelines to reach unmet opportunities through influence, not authority
- Hold teams to a higher standard of quality and measure progress toward desired outcomes and standards (e.g. patterns and principles). Report on product quality in relationship to customer sentiment and advise contributors on an approach. Contribute to and evaluate our product’s expression of brand identity, experience principles, and design patterns
- Clarify and share where we have insight gaps in customer experience, gathered from business, market, and customers, that affect the vision and strategy of our products. Ensure we are conducting high quality generative and evaluative research on an ongoing basis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Provide high quality feedback and direction on product design and customer-facing work across teams and departments. Nurture a culture of critique necessary to ensure appropriate critical feedback is raising the bar for customer experience
- Recruit, identify needs and optimize the strengths of designers and leaders on your teams to ensure career growth and continuous improvement in the capabilities of our organization
- Continuously monitor and improve upon the processes that enable our teams to deliver extraordinary experiences that advance our strategy
We think you'll be an amazing person for this position if your skills and experience include:
- An overall experience in design of 12+ years, and at least 3 years of experience as a design manager or design lead
- Time spent working on a world-class product or online service, on both mobile and web platforms
- A true focus on the customer— you make your design decisions based on research, including interviews, usability testing and quantitative data
- A passion for the “why” of design, as well as the “what”
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company can be, and have the opportunity to help build the company you always wanted to be a part of.
This is a 100% remote opportunity. Candidates may be considered from the US, Canada, and many European countries.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
Please apply with your resume, as well as an online portfolio that demonstrates how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.