FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Data Engineer
FreshBooks is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team. You will help build new features and update existing ones in our current data pipeline infrastructure. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with data engineers and full-stack developers on cross-functional agile teams working on features for our stakeholders.
- Work closely with our analytics, data science, product and other internal business teams to ensure their data needs are met.
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions.
- Ship your code with our continuous integration process.
- Provide coaching to data engineers and share and learn from your peers.
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in data engineering.
What you bring:
- Enthusiasm for data engineering!
- Experience creating and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience with Google Cloud, or another major cloud provider such as AWS
- Experience with Big Query, Redshift, or similar cloud data warehouse technologies
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python or a similar language
- A strong practitioner of test-driven (and behaviour driven) development
- Experience with Git workflows, continuous integration and automated build pipelines
- Experience working in an Agile environment
What you might bring:
- A track record of staying at the forefront of data engineering technology.
- Experience with BI tools: Looker, Tableau
- Experience with Dataflow, Apache Beam, Spark, Kafka, Flink, or other streaming technologies.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and other DevOps and infrastructure as code technologies.
- A limitless imagination for where data could go and what we can do with it to make our customers and our people awesome!
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org