It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in Canada, the US, Mexico, Netherlands, Croatia and Germany.
The Opportunity – Treasury Manager
Reporting to the Controller, you will be part of the Accounting, Reporting and Compliance Team. You will provide oversight on all Treasury and Finance activities. You will work closely with the CFO, Accounting Team, and our bankers.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare consolidated cash flow reports and short-term cash flow forecasts.
- Work with the Accounting Team to ensure cash requirements are met including review of wires, EFT/ACH/SEPA payments, intercompany transfers and other PAD activities as needed.
- Oversee all loan borrowings including preparation of drawdown notices and monthly loan covenant compliance reports.
- Manage foreign currency hedging program including monitoring FX rates, providing recommendations to enter foreign exchange forward contracts, and settling foreign exchange contracts.
- Manage the Company’s bank accounts and online banking including opening and closing bank accounts.
- Build and maintain relationships with our bankers and FX counterparties.
- Provide insight and analysis to the Controller on daily cash and bank account transactions to identify continuous improvements to our processes.
- Build automation between our banking platform and Netsuite accounting system.
- Review and implement internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies and accounting standards, as well as make continuous improvements to financial processes.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Assist with any ad hoc projects and requests as required.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of +5 years of work experience in Treasury or Cash Management function.
- Advanced abilities with Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Public company experience is an asset.
- A strong sense of ownership, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.