Billing Program Manager
FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common mission: Executing Extraordinary Experiences Every day to Help Owners Grow. Known for our customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Billing Program Manager
FreshBooks is looking for a Program Manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs - our customers. In this role, you will be focused on our Subscription Billing offerings & capabilities - to create frictionless experiences for our customers to subscribe and consume FreshBooks, in packages that enable customers to extract the most value for their business. You will also play a key role in managing a complex program spanning multiple stakeholders and cross-functional dependencies.
If you're passionate about taking on big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences for our customers, and ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
What You have:
- Proven work experience in technical program management or as a senior technical project manager, managing multiple concurrent projects (SaaS billing and/or payments experience a plus).
- Comfortable working across a diverse set of stakeholders that include developers, business leads, marketing, and finance.
- Capable of understanding the challenges and tradeoffs that come with delivering against multiple and competing priorities and you feel comfortable prioritizing and obtaining alignment as required
- You're a passionate leader and an excellent communicator, with a focus on quality and operational excellence
- Strong understanding and development of subscription pricing, packaging, and SKUs; previous experience in segment-targeted promotions an asset
- Understand back-office systems and operations and be able to design scalable functions and processes to support the company’s growth
- A history of working across the organization to bring major initiatives to market, fast
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (Engineering, Business or Mathematics) and 3 to 5 years of experience leading complex projects and cross functional teams, or an equivalent combination of formal education and work experience.
What You'll Do:
- Spend time with external and internal customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses, and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs and requirements
- Lead the FreshBooks Billing program, shaping, and evolving it as the company grows and scales to meet the needs of its customers and markets
- Establish release planning and delivery schedules, ensuring work is sequenced properly, taking into account other dependencies and feature launches by other teams
- Identify processes and rituals for the team, such as backlog grooming and retrospectives that will help the team achieve its goals
- Make the thousands of unsexy decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — reviewing legal contracts, copy, support issues, etc. — that helps your team charge forward without stall
- Building strong relationships with product management, engineering, data science, UX, and operations teams to ensure we’re aligned on the most important priorities
- Be responsible for your results and report out to partners and execs on the adoption, engagement uptake of products launched in-market.
- When system complications arise, lead incident recovery when needed.
- Be the team's primary communicator and presenter, ensuring the rest of the org, executives, and other stakeholders are made aware of all major decisions and their implications.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect, and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.