CUSTOMER SUCCESS ASSOCIATE - RETENTION TEAM (Job Description)
Purpose of Role:
The Customer Success Associate on the Retention Team is responsible for reducing and avoiding customer churn. We are looking for a persuasive individual that will help us retain our core customer base. You will be speaking to customers and handling objections and collecting information on how we may improve our product or service. The Associate proactively engages with customers to make recommendations that illustrate FreshBooks’ value and ultimately increase retention and long lasting relationships to potentially find upsell opportunities. You know what makes customers successful and what makes them leave, and you pull out all the stops to get them to stay.
This role reports into the Senior Manager, Customer Success and has no direct reports.
- Goes to great, sometimes extraordinary lengths, when speaking to customers to help them find solutions that are sometimes out of the box
- Knows the main features and benefits of our application inside and out
- Communicates complex messages in an accessible, friendly manner
- Knows every question has an answer, and can either find it or create it! “No” is not part of the FreshBooks vernacular.
- Provides outbound customer support with a minimum of 35 calls per day
- Articulates FreshBooks’ value to unpaid account holders in order to turn them in to paid accounts
- Enquires after customers churn to understand their motivation and collect information
- Negotiate with customers to reactivate or avoid canceling their accounts
- Meets or exceed assigned performance targets and KPIs
- Meets or exceed minimum performance standards for calls per day
- Experience with Zendesk, Drift and Salesforce Preferred
- Experience with Carrying Quota
- 2+ years in a call center, customer service or sales environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Empathy and Patience
- Advanced organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- High level of integrity and work ethic