Senior Director, Product Marketing
FreshBooks Has a Big Vision
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
Join us as the Senior Director, Product Marketing, where you’ll have the opportunity to help make the world better for small business owners directly by impacting our product roadmap to suit their needs. Reporting to the VP, Growth and Product Marketing, you’ll help leaders and teams from across the organization build better products, understand our customers better, and connect to our customers and prospects in more meaningful ways.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Product and Marketing team to build and execute product marketing plans that help achieve business goals related to FreshBooks’ products and solutions
- Own product go-to-market strategies and launches and lead a collaborative process to bring new solutions to market working with our Product, Marketing, Sales and Client Success teams
- Understand the market through market analysis, input from Sales and Client Success teams, client segmentation, and competitive intelligence to generate and share insights about our target audience’s needs, priorities, and challenges
- Create new opportunities for monetization from products and services, build the right messaging, positioning, packaging and pricing, and work closely with Performance, Growth, Lifecycle Marketing, Sales and Client Success teams to take these to market effectively
- Create compelling stories, and distill FreshBooks products and solutions into clear, relevant messaging
- Work with the Product team to provide input, market and support the product roadmap and vision
- Speak to clients and sales to refine messaging and positioning and enablement tools
- Lead, manage, coach, and inspire a talented team of product marketers and create a culture of passion, excitement and knowledge around our products
- Improve operations by establishing clear objectives and key results, aligned to business goals, tracking performance and deliverables to measure the team’s impact and manage its priorities and productivity
What you have:
- Critical Thinker: critically dissecting and distilling complex issues to formulate actionable strategic decisions and action plans
- Data-Informed: able to dissect complex business issues, analyze large amounts of data (often from disparate sources), and draw business-specific conclusions and actionable implications
- Distillation: able to disambiguate, structure, and simplify complex concepts and scenarios into “So What?” and “Now What?” insights to inform stakeholders
- Influence: asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- You love tech and are always following the latest industry trends
- Higher than average Emotional Intelligence; you can adjust your communication style to meet the needs of different audiences
- Turn failures into tuition value for improvement
- An appetite for solving complex challenges, and the ability to work well in ambiguity
- An ability to build strong relationships and influence across the organization
- Experience with managing multiple projects and shifting priorities as required
- Openness to feedback and a desire to grow
- A sense of humour
What you’ll need:
- 10-15 years of related product marketing and/or product management experience in B2B (or B2C) SaaS solutions, with at least experience leading teams
- Demonstrated experience in leading a product marketing function in a high-growth environment
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products and solutions in the B2B space preferably or or B2C
- Strategic planning, execution and measurement skills
- Great collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functionally with or without authority
- Strong communications and listening skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Driven to understand and solve client needs with the ability to distill information into insights and effectively articulate concepts and align the organization to address them
- Results orientation and resourcefulness
- Organization skills, independent thinking and flexibility
What You’ll Love About Working Here:
- Three week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand, product, and most importantly, our customers. It’s an awesome opportunity to dive in and understand what we’re all about and build your network within the company. Plus, there’s prizes!
- Our ever-expanding, global team who care about making accounting incredibly easy for business owners around the world.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.
- Collaborating remote or hybrid model with a global team
- A work/life balance you can brag to your friends about:
- Two weeks parental paid leave and paid leave top-up
- Health & dental coverage tailored to your local office
- Generous time off - including vacation, volunteer and innovation days
- Health and Wellness credits
- Learning and development opportunities that are both in-house and external
- Retirement savings programs matched to your local office
- Stock options for all full time employees
- And finally, we have fun at work...Want to start a chess team? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.