FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is growing and looking for a Project Manager to support and manage the execution of business related projects. You’ll be working with senior management and stakeholders to define scope, deliverables and produce project plans that support our business growth goals. This role sits within the Business Enablement Team, who is responsible for helping to source, prioritize, plan and deliver on our department and tools/technology roadmap.
You'll be managing cross department projects for our Technology, Data and Marketing teams.
What you'll do:
- Create, own and be responsible for project plans that help to achieve our departments business goals
- Define project scope and objectives, success criteria and disseminate to involved stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones
- Effective, timely and clear communication of project expectations and status
- Monitor and report on key business risks and make recommendations with managers for mitigation to reduce risk.
- Prepare reports (e.g. status of projects, budget and forecasting etc).
- Interact and coordinate between business departments (e.g. HR, IT etc) and external vendors to define, manage and control projects so they are delivered on time and on budget
- Documentation of business and technical requirements, coordination of all aspects of the project life-cycle including implementation of change control procedures or required training to support adoption of new any new processes or tools
- Work with members of the Business Enablement team to develop and continually improve project/ programme controls, methods and tools
What you have:
- Minimum of 5+ years experience helping to deliver a variety of projects in the technology, data and marketing space with proven track record of delivery excellence
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience executing projects using different frameworks or approaches (e.g. SDLC to Agile)
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and control projects, providing regular updates in verbal or written forms
- Ability to apply analytical methods to develop or assess business requirements and translate them into project scope and deliverables
- Solid facilitation skills and proven experience managing external vendors
- Ability to communicate with non-technical and technical people
- Exceptional influencing and presentation skills in all aspects of project management
- Analytical and problem-solving capability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines
The following would be considered advantageous in an applicant:
- Experience using a variety of project methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, Scrum or Kanban
- Relevant Professional qualifications e.g. PMP or Prince 2
- Experience with process change management or process improvement
- Candidate should have prior knowledge or experience of RFI procurement processes
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.