Senior Business Analyst, Technology
FreshBooks Has a Big Vision
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
FreshBooks is growing and looking for a Senior Business Analyst, Technology to help our business units achieve their goals, and enable FreshBookers to do their jobs more effectively. You’ll be doing this by taking ownership over our internal business tools and technologies, and working with stakeholders to define and deliver solutions that meet their business needs, while ensuring they scale with our business. This role sits within the Business Enablement Team, who is responsible for helping to source, prioritize, plan and deliver on work that falls outside of our product roadmap (e.g. tools, technology and department needs).
What you'll do:
- Lead meetings to conduct business requirements gathering and discovery with stakeholders, subject matter experts and end-users
- Problem definition and analysis, including examining existing tools and technologies to identify gaps
- Assess current and future states of need, as well as identify upstream and downstream dependencies
- Define solutions and develop implementation strategies that deliver desired outcomes
- Document and construct user flows, system context diagrams and any data mapping needs
- Support business case development (e.g. Project Overviews) by detailing-out proposed solution and launch plans
- Research and conduct technology analysis, produce feasibility studies and facilitate vendor selections (e.g. RFI to RFQ)
- Comfortable securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management on proposed solution approaches
- Execute on technology solutions by developing comprehensive project plans and helping to manage budgets
- Effectively engage, lead and work with cross functional teams and/or vendors to deliver tasks within committed timelines, while managing scope and deliverables for multiple projects
- Provide hands-on support during various cycles of implementation testing (e.g. functional testing, quality assurance, systems integration testing, and user acceptance testing).
- Monitor and report on key business risks, and make recommendations to mitigate said risk
- Effective, timely and clear communication of plans, updates and reports to stakeholders and executives
- Create post-implementation support, documentation and maintenance
- Create detailed training programs to support adoption of new technology
- Post launch monitoring to ensure technology is working as expected
- Working with IT to perform any maintenance or upgrades
- Assess company performance, information, and plans by conducting regular tests and analysis
- Monitor company systems status and report any progress or changes
- Support the development of standards and governance required for procuring and managing our business technology needs
- Partner with IT and The Agility Office to improve company procedures or processes as they relate to delivery of Business Enablement work
- Drive towards operational efficiencies, and participate in long term planning to produce the Business Enablement roadmap
- Examine current and new business procedures to unearth more effective solutions (e.g. research and estimate the costs of any contract upgrades/changes)
- Identify effective solutions for any existing business software system issues
- Report common patterns, questions, and other issues to management (i.e. any duplication of existing software and workflows)
- Divise opportunities to streamline business technology and tools to drive towards operational efficiencies
What you have:
- Minimum of 8 - 10+ years Business Analysis experience helping to deliver a variety of IT business projects with proven track record of delivery excellence
- Post-Secondary Degree required (IT or related preferred)
- Detail oriented, analytical, problem-solving capabilities and able to develop an approach to decision making
- Strong knowledge of requirements / design methodologies
- Ability to apply analytical methods to develop or assess evaluation criteria
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and control multiple projects, providing regular updates both verbal and in written forms
- Solid facilitation skills and proven experience managing external vendors
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to non-technical and technical people both written and verbally
We think you’d be a great fit for the role if you also have:
- Relevant Professional qualifications e.g. CBAP, PMP or Prince 2 certification
- Candidate should have prior knowledge or experience of RFI procurement processes
What we can promise you
We follow user-centred design in everything we do, and you'll be spending your first three weeks onboarding, just learning about our customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, s and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.