Senior Manager - Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is growing and looking for a Senior Manager who is passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. You’ll be leading and managing projects that are focused on improving Diversity & Inclusion across FreshBooks, one of our key strategic initiatives. Working with senior management and stakeholders, you’ll be helping to define scope, deliverables and produce project plans that support progress in our D&I commitments within the organization. This role sits within the Business Enablement function, who are responsible for central management, coordination and monitoring of our strategic business objectives while also helping to build next generation systems, processes and culture at FreshBooks. If you’re looking to make a big impact on an organization's culture and business outcomes, then this is the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Co-lead with the Diversity and Inclusion leadership representatives across the business to own the overall strategy and execution where you will; refine where appropriate the existing strategy, identify new opportunities, and build roadmaps that advance our commitment while also operationalizing key deliverables in a timely and efficient manner
- Create, own and be responsible for project plans that help to achieve our business targets for Diversity and Inclusivity
- Define project scope and objectives, success criteria and disseminate to involved stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Conduct business analysis, feasibility studies and vendor selection when applicable (e.g. RFI to RFQ)
- Plan, schedule and manage project meetings, timelines and milestones
- Effective, timely and clear communication of project expectations and status
- Monitor and report on key business risks and make recommendations with managers for mitigation to reduce risk.
- Prepare project reports (e.g. status, KPI tracking, and budget forecasting).
- Interact and coordinate between business departments, stakeholders and external vendors to define, manage and control projects so they are delivered on time and on budget
- Documentation of business requirements, coordination of all aspects of the project life-cycle including implementation of change control procedures or required training to support adoption of any new processes FreshBookers may need to follow
- Work with members of the Business Enablement team to develop and continually improve project controls, methods and tools.
What you have:
- Minimum of 5+ years experience helping to deliver business projects ideally in the HR, culture, and change management space
- Previous experience working specifically on Diversity & Inclusion projects and HR related programs.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience executing projects using different frameworks or approaches (e.g. Agile to ADKAR)
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and control projects, providing regular updates in verbal or written forms
- Ability to apply analytical methods to develop or assess evaluation criteria
- Solid facilitation skills and proven experience managing external vendors
- Ability to communicate with non-technical and technical people
- Exceptional influencing and presentation skills in all aspects of project management
- Analytical and problem-solving capability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines
The following would be considered advantageous in an applicant:
- Relevant Professional qualifications e.g. PMP or Prince 2
- Experience with change management or process improvement
- Candidate should have prior knowledge or experience of RFI procurement processes
- Familiarity with process and policy implementation projects
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.