The Opportunity - Principal Product Designer
Join us as a Principal Product Designer where you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact with small business owners all over the globe.
In this position, you will collaborate with product and design leadership across each of our lines of business to help shape design vision and strategy, ensure design quality and brand consistency across products, and push product teams to deliver exceptional work.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Collaborate across departments to ensure consistent application of our brand identity and design principles within the product
- Identify and clarify problems and opportunities. Initiate and work with others to generate frameworks that help teams create extraordinary outcomes for their design projects (e.g. and customer journeys, flows, maps, storyboards, etc)
- Work with insight from customers and key stakeholders to create a holistic-future forward vision for our products that informs strategy and decision making on a 12-24 month time horizon.
- Identify and lead others across disciplines, teams and timelines toward unmet opportunities
- Hold teams to a higher standard of quality and measure progress toward desired outcomes and standards (e.g. patterns and principles). Report on product quality in relationship to customer sentiment and advise contributors on an approach. Contribute to and evaluate our product’s expression of brand identity, experience principles, and design patterns.
- Clarify and share where we have insight gaps in customer experience, gathered from business, market, and customers, that affect the vision and strategy of our products. Ensure we are conducting high quality generative and evaluative research on an ongoing basis (quantitative and qualitative).
- Provide high quality feedback and direction on product design and customer-facing work across teams and departments. Give feedback to design managers on the cadence and culture of critique necessary to ensure appropriate critical feedback is raising the bar for customer experience. Critique the work of all designers by bringing rigour and asking the tough questions
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- At least 7+ years of experience as a UX or Product Designer
- Experience contributing to design strategy for world-class web or mobile products
- A true focus on the customer—you make your design decisions based on research, including interviews, usability testing and quantitative data
- A passion for the “why” of design, as well as the “what”
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
What we can promise you
We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you'll be spending your first three weeks onboarding, just learning about our customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, s and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here at FreshBooks!
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
Please apply with your resume, as well as an online portfolio that demonstrates how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.