Full Stack Web Developer
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
This is a unique opportunity to join our Marketing growth team from an engineering perspective and work with digital marketing experts and data scientists to drive growth at FreshBooks. Reporting to the Website Development Manager, this role has a direct impact on the growth of the marketing website as both a web application and marketing tool, used to connect and acquire FreshBooks Customers.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with full-stack web and application developers working on the FreshBooks Marketing Website, blog, and customer application
- Work closely with UX designers and Product owners to deliver the best possible web experience for our customers
- Partner with SEO experts to create valuable targeted landing pages for SEO/SEM initiatives
- Analyze data and provide data driven insights to inform business intelligence recommendations
- Share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions for the future of the website and associated systems
- Work with development partners to deliver new exciting web experiences to FreshBooks customers
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in web full stack development
- Other duties as assigned
What you have
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with PHP development and the WordPress CMS: developing plugins, working with custom themes, ACF, Custom post types
- High proficiency with modern css/scss and HTML
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational databases: basic query syntax, optimizations, etc.
- Experience consuming and creating REST APIs
- Familiarity with web application build pipelines (such as Composer, Yarn, etc.)
- Some experience or understanding of online marketing and customer acquisition tools including Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager, Pardot, and SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated build pipelines
- Knowledge of Git workflows and comfort, creating, reviewing, and approving pull requests
- The ability to balance the desire to ship code quickly to our customers with the responsibility of making good technical decisions
- Strong analytical skills and a proactive data-driven approach to problem solving
- A preference for working in an open and collaborative cross functional team environment
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and application of new technologies, architectures, and methodologies to improve the code and Engineering organization
- Openness to exploring new technology stack including mobile technologies
- Nice to haves include:
- Docker, Circleci and Webpack experience
- Fastly/Varnish Configuration Language experience
- Security Optimization/Hardening experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
What we can promise you
We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first 3 weeks on our support team, just talking to customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- Commitment and belief in data analysis; this is an opportunity to contribute to an operation where data and research matter more than opinions.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, s and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.