The Opportunity - Software Engineering Manager
As an Engineering Manager at FreshBooks, you'll be responsible for the development of several Engineering teams. As a leader and manager, you'll handle one or more development teams and help accelerate their execution. As a guide in the development and delivery of online service software and customer growth initiatives, your extraordinary technology skills will help you guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
You're already a skilled Leader for a group of Developers, able to recruit new talent and champion development teams and their Leaders. Your technical experience with large-scale web technologies allows you to lead by example. Strong communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively influence across an organization. In all areas, you're able to anticipate and plan for the future.
What you'll do:
- Own and drive the execution of and be accountable for the technical vision of a crucial area for FreshBooks - Mobile Engineering - by leading a group of developers and by working with other product development disciplines
- Expertly lead by example and manage a group of developers and technical leads
- Set, maintain and raise the level of technical excellence across your group and the entire development organization
- Work closely with the Product Development leadership, including VPs and Directors of Engineering, Marketing, Product areas, to build a world-class engineering organization
- Attract and recruit talent across the organization to help execute the FreshBooks mission
- Anticipate and prepare for the future - technology, people, culture and process
What you have:
- Proven engineering management experience, either with an organization of 10 or more developers or over a period of at least 1 to 2 years
- Technical expertise in one or more mobile platforms: experience with Android and/or iOS development along with testing automation, continuous integration and build pipelines
- Technical expertise in implementation and maintenance of web services and REST APIs
- A history of establishing teams by developing leaders and recruiting exceptional talent
- The ability to influence an organization through exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to anticipate the future, navigate ambiguity, develop plans and successfully execute over multiple quarters
- A love of learning, a constant drive for self-improvement and a desire to help everyone be better
What you may have:
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile teams
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.