Senior Financial Analyst
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing global team of over 500 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
Reporting to the Controller you will be part of the Accounting, Reporting and Compliance Team. The Senior Financial Analyst will be involved in general accounting functions and preparing month-end internal and external reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare journal entries and perform month-end reconciliations. You are a key player in the month-end close process.
- Prepare monthly internal financial reporting packages for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Support external tax consultants: provide information for sales and income tax filings.
- Analyze financial information: summarize, interpret and make recommendations on actual and forecast information.
- Review and implement internal processes, as well as make continuous improvements to financial processes.
- Liaise with external auditors.
You will bring:
- Must be a Qualified CA with 4-5 years of progressive accounting and reporting experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced abilities with Excel.
- Industry experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience with Netsuite and mySQL an asset.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Superior analytical skills and a quick study.
- A strong sense of ownership, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build it globally.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.