FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building accounting software experiences that help business owners grow. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Product Manager, Platform Experience
FreshBooks is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our Design Systems on our Platform Experience team. In collaboration with your dedicated team of Developers and Designers, you’ll deliver the systems foundations upon which extraordinary customer experiences are built. If you’re passionate about the opportunities that a systems approach can provide, and ready to back it up with results for our business — read on!
What you’ll do:
- Help articulate and evolve FreshBooks’ Platform Experience by leading the Design System vision and mission, and corresponding accessibility and content strategies.
- Spend time with Customers, internal and external teams and Integration Partners to develop a deep empathy for these constituents, and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision.
- Stay on top of the latest developments on all things Design Systems and distill those learnings into long-term investments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Design, Business Development, Customer Support and beyond to ensure your team delivers for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Cooperate with design operations to lead our Design System, Accessibility and Content Strategies and be the voice of the Customer within your team, so everyone knows what they’re building and why.
- Ensure internal channel partners (Product Design, Business Development and API Teams) are well-trained and coached on how to drive business impact with Design System capabilities.
- Ensure your development team's always working on the most important things, knows what's next, and knows when they're done — this means planning sprints, and writing user stories.
- Understand the metrics that drive our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful.
- Own your results and report out to stakeholders and executives on the adoption, engagement and other relevant metrics.
- Make thousands of unsexy decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — from copywriting to reviewing legal contracts — that helps your team charge forward without stall.
- Be the team's primary communicator, ensuring the rest of the org, executives, and other stakeholders are made aware of all major decisions and their implications.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of proven work experience in Product Management.
- You have demonstrated success at building out a Design System as a Product.
- 2+ years of experience in front-end engineering/architecture of web and mobile applications.
- 2+ year Experience developing and implementing accessibility and content strategy standards.
- You can break down complex problems in a structured way, you are highly analytical and ensure solutions optimize the highest opportunity areas.
- Fluent in accessing, analyzing, and distilling insight from data.
- You’re a “big picture” thinker who understands what it takes to create a platform that enables others to build exceptional experiences.
- You understand the importance of the Developer experience to maximize impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You are an expert communicator, engaging your audience with your superb writing skills and compelling presentations. You adapt your message for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a track record of strong relationship building skills within your organization.
- You aren’t a project manager, but you’re not afraid to act like one — be willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team get things done
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented team of Developers that employ Agile methodologies to deliver super-awesome-game-changing experiences.
- The opportunity to deliver product value that will instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month with our Support team, getting to know our Products and Customers.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions.
- A great work experience. Top tier benefits, plenty of fun and quirk, family friendliness and co-workers who take pride in their work without the ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.