FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity - Senior Product Manager
FreshBooks is looking for a Senior Product Manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs. You are equal parts product leader and growth strategist - leading the way to innovation that elevates our customers’ businesses and expands our market position outside of North America. If you're passionate about tackling big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences, and ready to back it up with results for our business — come join us now!
What you have:
- 5+ years experience in product management and a track record of growing the business through a combination of product innovation, extension, and market-specific localization
- You’ve taken a leading role in identifying what it takes to grow share in a new market and prioritizing specific markets for expansion
- You understand how to measure business impact and how to assess/evolve customer segmentation, product-market fit, product-channel fit, and go-to-market approaches
- You've got a keen ability to create structure from ambiguity, establish long-term vision, and set a clear roadmap to get there
- You understand SaaS business models
- You understand research disciplines and when/how to activate them to inform strategy (e.g, behavioral analytics, market, and user research)
- You're an excellent communicator who can explain complex concepts in simple, easy-to-understand terms
- You understand software development — you don’t need to write the code, but you can ask questions and understand how the tech stack impacts your product
- You understand what comprises a world-class user experience and how to bring together technology and design thinking to accomplish it
- Big bonus points for
- Experience with accounting, billing, payments domains
- Experience managing products in non-North-American markets
- Experience as a small business owner and/or managing products designed for them
What you’ll do:
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which ones you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful
- Lead ongoing business and product planning when it comes to Markets expansion; be the thought-leader on how we prioritize and what it takes to grow share in those markets
- Set and own the product roadmap that distinguishes FreshBooks offering in chosen markets; this will include opportunities/requirements around e-invoicing and tax readiness, payment methods, bank and other key partner integrations
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Business Development teams to establish go-to-market plans for chosen markets; this will include close collaboration with marketing, sales, and business development teams
- Be responsible for your results and report out to partners and execs on impact your projects are making
- Spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses; ensure strategy/plan is clearly mapped to our mission - to reshape the world to suit the needs of self-employed professionals
- Be the voice of the customer and business within your scrum team, so everyone knows what they’re building and why
- Ensure the team is always working on the most important things, knows what's next, and knows when they're done — this means planning sprints, and writing user stories
- Make the thousands of unsexy decisions, and shoulder the dirty work — reviewing legal contracts, copy, support issues, etc. — that helps your team charge forward without stall
What we can promise you:
- An executive leadership team that has scaled businesses worldwide, brings experience from places like Google, Amazon, Shopify, and Square, and includes founders that have been there since Day 1
- A company that is dedicated to growth - helping our customers’ businesses grow, helping employees grow, and providing a strong return to our shareholders
- A product development organization that is dedicated to excellence in how we make decisions, build, and ship world class product to our customers
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team (as all new FreshBookers do), just talking to them.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.