FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and HQ in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The opportunity: Marketing Manager - Demand Generation
As Marketing Manager - Demand Generation, you will be part of the Demand Generation team and will be responsible for building prospect nurturing journeys and for collaborating with the Sr. Marketing Manager of Demand Generation to build a lead generation engine.
In this role, you will partner closely with a number of teams: Sales, Market Growth Managers (who lead regional growth plans), Marketing and Sales Operations, Accountant Channel, and the Performance team. You will report to the Senior Marketing Manager of Demand Generation.
The ideal candidate for this role is eager to lead an overall program (prospect nurturing) and to support demand generation initiatives. We’re looking for someone with some experience in email marketing. More importantly, we’re looking for a problem solver who takes initiative, a person who loves to learn, and someone who leverages analytics and data to make recommendations. We’re also a company in hyper growth so adaptability is key - things change often when you’re growing quickly!
What you’ll do:
- Design prospect journeys that take marketing generated leads from cold to closed, with a focus on conversion rates across key touch points, pipeline, and revenue targets.
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team to create impactful and cohesive campaigns that extend across the entire marketing funnel.
- Collaborate with the Website Strategy Manager to drive email collection across our website.
- Partner with sales and with the early lifecycle team to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager of Demand Generation to deploy lead scoring across nurture journeys.
- As we ramp up our accountant partner program, you will be responsible for nurturing programs for both customer prospects and prospect accountant partners.
- Partner with Product Marketing and the Senior Marketing Manager of Demand Generation to ensure the sales team has the tools, materials, and support that they need to close leads.
- Lead regular reporting on key metrics and analytics to understand what is working and what is not, and constantly refine the process to drive improvements.
What you have:
- 2+ years experience in email marketing, lifecycle marketing, or a similar role.
- Proficiency working in marketing technology platforms such as Pardot and Salesforce.
- Understanding of best practices across email marketing.
- Track record of delivering results through partnering with cross-functional teams and external vendors.
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
- Commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive organization