Title: Data Governance Analyst
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Data Governance Analyst
FreshBooks is seeking a Data Governance Analyst to join our team. As part of the Data and Analytics Team, you will contribute to the creation of, and help implement, our data governance strategy across the enterprise. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, and data analysts to design and develop data glossaries and standards and keep the metadata repositories up to date.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and map business critical and sensitive data elements.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues from business and technology teams to ensure metadata requirements are well understood.
- Focus on data management functional areas of data quality, data lineage, data cataloging and data privacy.
- Manage, maintain and continuously update the metadata repositories/tools.
- Interface with vendors to make sure the data governance tools are running and working as expected.
- Be the champion for promoting data literacy within the organization.
- Provide expertise around the data governance policy reviews, metrics, and reporting wherever needed by business and technical teams.
What you bring:
- 2-4 year’s experience in a field related to information management or metadata management.
- Experience applying metadata management and data governance principles.
- Experience with metadata management tools is an asset (e.g. Informatica Axon, Enterprise Data Catalog, Collibra, Alation)
- The ability to write accurate SQL queries.
- Familiarity with data and analytics platforms and concepts (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, BI tools, SQL server, data warehouse, data lake)
- Ability to create a variety of business documents (including standards) that will be positioned as enterprise artifacts.
What you might bring:
- Experience implementing data solutions or rolling out new data tools/products.
- Experience with industry ETL & BI tools (Informatica, Datastage, Looker, Tableau, PowerBI etc.)
- Understanding of data warehouse modeling fundamentals (e.g. dimensional modeling, 3NF, star schema) and application relational database concepts (e.g. normalization, referential integrity)
- Subject matter data expertise in SaaS industry.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.